Going to see surgeon tomorrow RE: Lap Band Revision to RNY

Mochababy38
on 4/19/09 11:33 am
Hi Rose,

I am day 8 POST OP of having my  Lap band removed and converted to an RNY. The surgery went super smooth.  I too fought the lapband for  almost 3 years, and it emotionally left me scarred. I really felt that I had to move on , as it wasn't working.

My only advice is  that if you really really want that sucker out: GO FOR IT.
Life is so short these days... we already wasted 3 years with the STUPID band.

I to had BCBS, and they seem to cover it all..

Which Surgeon are you  hoping to see?

Trace
Rose A.
on 4/19/09 10:57 pm - Methuen, MA
Hi Trace!!! Oh good news!!! So happy to hear it all went well for you! Did they do it open or lap? Dr Jones , my original surgeon is doing it. No problems at all with BCBS? I am still waiting to hear. it will be 2 weeks wed that I was in the dr's office. How are you feeling?

Oh and who did yours?
Rose

306/261.5/233.5/180

Highest/Day of surgery/CURRENT/Goal
Revision from Lap Band to RNY on June 16, 2009!!
Rose
        Success is a journey....not a  destination.
Dream as if you will live forever......Live as if you will die today.....

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 2:56 am - AZ
On April 7, 2009 at 8:24 AM Pacific Time, Rose A. wrote:

After 3 years of giving this band all I have its time. I have failed it and its time to move onto the next step. With my metabolism the way it is I need malabsorbtion to help me the rest of the way. I have researched everything and RNY is the way I want to go. So, please no drama re: other options. This is what I want.

I go tomorrow to see my NUT and surgeon to start the process. Are there any specific questions I need to ask...??...just a little nervous right now. Hoping insurance will cover....I have BCBS of MA and i still have crippling knee pain and my BMI is 43.

You have done everything right.  You did your research, picked the surgery type best for you and that's what it takes.

You probably stand a better chance than a newbie of getting to goal merely because you have already  been through the learning curve of chewing, small bites, slow eating, etc.  You can do it!

Rose A.
on 4/20/09 9:31 am - Methuen, MA
Thank you SO much for that positive reply!!!

306/261.5/233.5/180

Highest/Day of surgery/CURRENT/Goal
Revision from Lap Band to RNY on June 16, 2009!!
Rose
        Success is a journey....not a  destination.
Dream as if you will live forever......Live as if you will die today.....

Most Active