Update Erny revision

shele
on 4/6/09 12:49 am

Hi everyone, I am finally feeling better!

I have had it a little rougher than I thought I would.

I was in for 4 days, low blood and potassium after surgery. I had to take 2 units and some potassium and then that was ok.

I was not bouncing back like I thought I should and kept feeling just ill I guess. I ended up in the ER with some pain, they checked my heart and lungs for clots but didn't find anything.  I went back to the surgeon early and he had to put a drain in and there seemed to be a lot of fluid built up there.  He also put me on antibiotics for precaution.

Anywho, I am finally feeling better everyday now! I went to the mall and to a walmart later yesterday.  I was a little sore, but it feld good to get out more.

I have lost 10 pounds since surgery day... Yayy for that!

I am getting in close to the 120 grams of protein and all my vitamins so far. 

Just wanted to post my progress!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 4/6/09 1:26 am
Congratulations!!!!! I ended up having to have potassium as well when in the hospital. I just don't remember if that was the shot they were giving me in the stomach or the IV that they ran in that hurt sooo bad. All I remember is that however they treated the things that were wrong with me, it was painful. I'm glad you're feeling better and keep up the good work.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shele
on 4/9/09 12:32 am
Thanks so much! I had to drink the potassium,,,,cause I blew 3 ivs in 4 days. I look like a junkie LOL. I have heard that the iv potassium is very painful.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 4/6/09 9:13 am - St. George, UT
YEA!!!!!! Good for you. Glad you are doing better. Will be watching for your posts.

Janie
shele
on 4/9/09 12:45 am
Hey Janie, thanks for the cheers lol.
( I have lost 13 pounds so far, not on a liquid diet either. It is about the same rate as my original rny losses! I am amazed. I cant wait till the swelling goes away ... got lots of smaller clothes lol! ) Doc released me on soft then told me a week out to go ahead and eat!) I am focusing on proteins. I have had a couple of donuts though when I didnt think I could eat meat. I have always been a soft cal gal . But this time I am refusing to give in to the easiness of eating that way, it still feels very heavy though. I swear though If I didnt know better my pouch feels very different. I still have a jp drain in and I am sick of it, but it is still actively draining YUCK!
So far I am happy with this.

Please keep researching and make sure you are satisfied with your decision!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 4/9/09 4:38 am - St. George, UT
Good for you Shele...I got an email yesterday and I think I am approved...Waiting to discuss with Coordinator. I hope I have a good experience, well that is as good as any surgery can be.

I too have lots of clothes, can't wait to wear some of them. Although, it's always fun to buy new...I too am a soft cal gal. I know I should make myself eat more protein but after surgery I will have to.

Yea, those drains are a pain in the patutee...It will be out before you know it...

How long were you in the hospital? Overall how do you feel? Do you have a instinct as to when you might feel up to going back to work, that is if you work?

I'm trying to get a feel for all this stuff, for my own recovery?

Well good luck and can't wait for some pics!

Janie
shele
on 4/9/09 5:40 am, edited 4/9/09 5:42 am
Well... good for your approval keeping my fingers crossed!

I hate the full feeling altogether now. I have it alot, like today I ate chix salad plain, and 4 hrs later I felt like I had just ate. SO I forced myself to eat again and it went down fine. I just have no appetite or hunger which makes no sense because my pouch wasn't touched. I actually couldn't eat even half a popsicle in the hosp. It felt like the first time around! I told the doc how happy that made me, He looked at me sternly and said that is not good with your new surgery, you MUST eat with it because of the malabsorbtion. Very hard to wrap my head around the new way of eating! But I also have to say that its easier to eat the protein, because now I can fry it or put it in mayo or a gravy without feeling guilt because of too much fat!

I was in for 4 days. I would have gotten out on the 2nd or third, but I had lost blood. My count was 7 and my body wasn't replacing it, it was dropping so I had to have 2 units of blood. Then my potassium was 3 and had to get it up before he would release me. I have to be honest here, this has kicked my butt! I can't explain why, but... the first time I had a lap procedure and this was an open one. The actual pain was worse with the lap for me, but the recovery was much worse with this one. I just havent felt that energy kick back in yet! But I am sure it will soon!

I don't work, I have 5 kiddies lol that's bout all I can handle! But If I did, I would say another week which would be 3 would do it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 4/9/09 6:47 am - St. George, UT

What do you mean you don't work. "5" Kids, oh yes you do.....Probably much more than I.

Three weeks sounds good. I hope I can do that well, and I hope I have the full feeling you do.

Thanks Shele.

Keep up the good work.

Janie

LosingSally
on 4/7/09 2:33 am
I'm very happy to hear that you're feeling better. Now you can move forward!
Getting in all your protein will help you heal better. And now the dread of getting surgery is over, and you can get on with the weight loss, and being healthy.
I'll be looking for your updates.
Sally
shele
on 4/9/09 12:48 am
Thanks so much Sally! I have lost 13 so far since surgery day. I am eating proteins for the most part. I have always had trouble with meats, so I am eating lots of chicken salad!... I used to eat that with whole wheat chackers the first time around, but not now!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Most Active