Results on a RNY stoma revision? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 11:14 pm
Has anyone actually had the stoma part of their surgery revised to make it smaller? If so, what was the result? (And, if you didn't have this revision, perhaps you can name a few peeps on this board who did so that I can read their stories.) 

I am the person below with early stoma failure. The stoma is now 4 cm in diameter. Obviously, this causes problems.
mipo1
on 4/5/09 12:21 pm - Lowell, MA
The usual remedy they offer is Stomaphyx.  Your stoma is the same size as mine and I'm told that this is a rarity for them to get this large.  I don't really know if they do actual surgery laparoscopic or open JUST to fix the Stoma.  I hope some others will jump in here and provide some good info.  I have opted to explore the DS surgery 
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/09 1:40 pm
So why lucky us? I was not stuffing myself with food. In fact, for awhile I thought it was cool how little I could eat. Much barfing followed. And then no more weight loss and no restriction.

Current doc says that the stoma is too big for the Stomaphyx.
Fatfreedom
on 4/6/09 11:32 am - NH
My stoma is too large as well, and I am undergoing sclerotherapy 5/27.  It is an endoscopic procedure where they insert a gel to tighten up the hole, or they can stitch it smaller.  From what I understand there are mixed results.  Some people are on one extreme (thinking it is a scam) and others have had it done and said it worked.  It is pretty non-invasive so if it does not work then no harm done and other avenues can be explored.  Lots of luck to you.
Most Active