Update on ME

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 9:38 am - Phx, AZ
It's me!  I have good news and ??? news as an update. 
ERNY Nov 21, '08... wt loss of 37 more lbs since then, 137 total. 
Lots of poop.  Well there IS! 

GOOD NEWS: I am AT goal of 145 pounds.  I like that, and I like being where I am at in that regard.

BAD or ??? NEWS:  Got labs back... Anemic... RBC: 2.5 (low norm:3.7), Hemoglobin: 8.5 (norm low:11.5), Hematocrit: 25.6 (low orm:35).  Am going to see a Hematologist/Oncologist for treatment next week.  Something is causing this.

Also, had 2 'attacks' of upper abd pain and subsequent abd bloating/chest discomfort.  Ultrasound reveals: Enlarged liver, Intra-abdominal Ascites (fluid surrounding organs), and sludge in gall bladder.  Am seeing a Gastro doc on Monday for this. 

I knew something was wrong 2 months ago when my blood sugars started rising (have been UNdiabetic since RNY 4 yrs ago).  I KNOW myself, and when I am sick, the sugars rise.  I'm totally exhausted by about 10 a.m. every day...wanna sleep all p.m...... my feet/ankles are swelling, the abd bloating is worsening causing discomfort in my chest cavity and pain in shoulders, getting more headaches, have an aching pain the upper abd is almost constant, blood sugars 150> fasting a.m., significant vision problems including recent diagnosis of cataracts in Feb (new since last ophth appt in the summer), and I generally feel like CRAP.  (sorry)  To be honest, I am a bit worried...and if I do enough internet research, I get darn scared.  So, I am not doing research any longer...because technically I can have EVERY illness known to man if I do that.....  Docs will look for underlying cause for all this...it is something. 

I'm just hanging tight and lying low this weekend, so if anyone wants to jot a note, I'll check the site once in awhile.
Magyargal
on 4/3/09 11:16 am
Hi Lizzie,
         I am and will be Praying for you. Sending love and Blessings your way. What a wonderful job you are doing losing weight! I'm sure all will be well...Big hugs for you...Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/09 1:06 am - Phx, AZ
Thanks so much for your thoughts!  I notice that you are a couple of weeks from your surgery.  Nervous?  Excited?  You will do well.  I was so happy to have my RNY... I literally became a new person... I don't just mean w/getting thinner and shopping for new clothes...altho that is an EXCITING part!  It made a difference in some major aspects...such as diabetes management and high blood pressure disappearing.  Apparently I have some other underlying chronic stuff that I have suffered w/for many years, and I thought that it was weight-related, but it is not.  But, overall, I have not been happier w/the weight loss results!  You will do GREAT!!!  Keep me posted!

mew6495
on 4/4/09 2:34 am - MI
 Lizzie,

Hang in there girl!  Your are in my prayers and thoughts.  I hope all turns out well for you.  I love your attitude and frame of mind!  IT ROCKS!

Keep us posted.

Princess Kath
on 4/5/09 9:42 am - camden Sydney (Australia), Australia
Oh Lizzie that doesn't sound to good.  I hope you get yourself sorted out soon.  My thoughts and best wishes to you. 

Kathleen from down under

Fatfreedom
on 4/6/09 1:51 pm - NH
I hope you get some answers and help and start feeling better very soon!
JROLFSON
on 4/7/09 12:29 am - St. George, UT
Lizzie:

Did the Dr.s not remove your gall bladder during RNY? Most Dr.s I've discussed surgery with usually always remove the Gall Bladder as routine, because it can likely go bad after such a procedure?

Please know you have a lot of friends on this board. Praying you get better soon.

Janie
shele
on 4/9/09 2:04 am
You are in my thoughts and prayers! Hoping everything comes out good for you!
Take Care!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Most Active