I love you people!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 2:52 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
I couldn't find this site for a while.  I am a failed RNY and failed Restore trial.  The people on the failed wls site are mostly people with working rny's or lapbands that are offering advice to me like I am sitting around eating bon bons.  I am constantly hungry eating tons of healthy food and gaining.  Unless you have experienced a wide open stoma it must be hard to understand.  The main board is the same way.  It is just comforting to read from people that are there looking for a way out.  Hugs to you all!  Daisy
brandyII
on 4/3/09 3:25 am
I agree this is the first site that didn't "blame me" for my lap band not working.  I still feel like I'm in limbo though but it's nice to find a safe area where you can discuss the one that didn't work and look forward to the one that will!  Good luck to you Daisy, brandyII
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/3/09 6:38 am
It seems unfair when so many of us felt like failures for being fat in the first place, and then when a surgery fails, feel like that's our fault too.
There are options like revision, and OH is a great place to start researching.
PekinSal
on 4/3/09 7:20 am - UK
Welcome Daisy! If you have bon bons you have to share them with us.

Hope you find some answers

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

mew6495
on 4/4/09 2:43 am - MI
 Welcome daisy!  Glad you found us.  For the most part  folks here are pretty supportive and non judgmental.  Glad to have you here.

Princess Kath
on 4/5/09 9:39 am - camden Sydney (Australia), Australia
Hi Daisy, I too just found this site.  I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy revision 3 days ago.  I have been reading the posts for a while and everyone is very supportive.  I felt like such a failure, failure at weight loss and failure at weight loss surgery.  This time around I am going to take it one day at a time.....no failures, just setbacks and back on my horse.  My problem is I am like a lot of people, an all or nothing thinker, when really none of us are perfect.  Some things work, and some things don't and we shouldn't beat ourselves up about it.  (Easier said than done, I know).  But as Bob in the movie "What about Bob" says BABY STEPS.  Good luck to you Daisy.

Kathleen from down under

Monique H.
on 4/6/09 1:33 am
Welcome Daisy and congrats on your revision Princess Kath!!!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active