HELP! A Fiber Question!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/09 11:11 am, edited 3/27/09 11:22 am - Phx, AZ

Help!  Help!  Help!

OK... I am now 4 months/1 week out from my revision.  I have done very well.  Yes, the issues of poops and all are SLOWLY dissipating.  Yeah.  I am down to my goal of 145.  BUT.....I saw a nutritionist a week ago.  She said I need to add more complex carbs to my diet.  So, I have been... beans, more veggies... AND in the process I stopped taking the Benefiber, of which I had been taking 4-6 daily.  Along with the nice weight loss, I have a "flatter" tummy, which is nice...the bloating had virtually dimished from post-op days.  I also have cut out so much of the GasX and the Kaopectate, which I "thrived" on for 4 months.

NOW...my problem.  For this past week, since no Benefiber, I have EXTREME upper abdominal bloating, resulting in TIGHTER pants, pain, and more importantly, difficulty breating.  I do not know if this is a result of the stopping of the Benefiber or what.  I am not able to eat what I should, because I feel STUFFED all the time, altho I am not. 

IN ADDITION... over the past 5 weeks or so, I have had 2 "bouts" or "attacks" of pain in the upper abdomen, lasting for 3-4 days, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc, etc, etc.

HAS anyone had anything like this???  I should not be having this terrible bloat and discomfort.  Am getting nervous and frustrated here.

mew6495
on 3/31/09 9:35 am - MI
 What types of carbs have you added?  You mention beans...what kind of beans?  Some complex carbs can also produce a high amount of gas.  If you added the complex carbs at the same time that you stopped the benefiber then perhaps you are attributing the problem to the wrong source???

Most Active