Lap band or VSG???? What to do what to do???

MsBatt
on 3/29/09 2:20 pm
Think twice, cut once.

Since you have 120 pounds to lose, and you're self-pay---save up a little more money, then go to Mexico and have the full DS. It's been shown to give THE very best long-term results, and it's the surgery that most people with 'failed' WLS want to revise to. Just go straight to the DS and save yourself time, money, and heartbreak.
Kathy G.
on 3/30/09 7:43 am - Perrysburg, OH
Rose

I had considered the lap band then talking to my surgeon he didn't do that procedure anymore because of the revisions and lack of success with it.  I had VSG on 12-08-08.  Feel great, losing, no nausea and look good too.  Have lost 56 lbs and counting in three going on four months.  So research somemore and you will find your answer.

Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/09 1:55 am - AZ
On March 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM Pacific Time, Kathy G. wrote:
Rose

I had considered the lap band then talking to my surgeon he didn't do that procedure anymore because of the revisions and lack of success with it.  I had VSG on 12-08-08.  Feel great, losing, no nausea and look good too.  Have lost 56 lbs and counting in three going on four months.  So research somemore and you will find your answer.

Kathy

It's interesting that you say your surgeon doesn't do banding anymore.  I am seeing that more and more on the boards.  I knew a few hospitals in Sweden were not doing them, the country of Chile is doing away with them.  It's nice to see US docs catching on.

Most Active