For those who went from lap band to DS

Jen B.
on 3/26/09 3:14 am - Olathe, KS
I have a few questions.

Did you have to have two surgeries? One to remove the band and another for the DS? If so how long in between the 2?

Did you have the surgery (ies) open or lap? What was your recovery time?

I think that is all I have at the moment! Thanks!!!
StacysMom
on 3/26/09 7:14 am
 You'll probably get more answers on the DS forum.   Try posting this same question over there.  
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/09 7:59 am - AZ
On March 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM Pacific Time, jbrule wrote:
I have a few questions.

Did you have to have two surgeries? One to remove the band and another for the DS? If so how long in between the 2?

Did you have the surgery (ies) open or lap? What was your recovery time?

I think that is all I have at the moment! Thanks!!!

If you don't have a slip or erosion, something where your stomach is damaged and inflammed there should be no reason to do it in two procedures.  You can go from band to sleeve in one procedure and the sleeve is the first part of DS.

PekinSal
on 3/27/09 7:22 am - UK
Whether you have two probably depends on what your surgeon likes to do. Mine is very risk averse and had me wait 8 weeks between removal and DS, but I'm not one to argue when they're wielding a scalpel. The band removal was a quick thing anyway - I was in and out in a day, and only off work for three I think (bit like having it put in, more aches than anything).

Both surgeries were done lap. The removal was done through the old lap scars for the band, then I got two new ones for the DS part! DS itself is more major surgery than band, and since my employers are generous I took 8 weeks off work. I felt fairly 'normal' after 4, just tired really from lack of food!

DS revision from failed lapband

Jen B.
on 3/27/09 7:33 am - Olathe, KS
Thanks for the response. I am going to repost this is the DS forum too!
Most Active