Surgeon feedback thread

KissTheSky
on 3/25/09 1:47 pm - Narara, Australia
VSG on 04/15/09 with
Name your surgeon and tell us how you feel the proceedure went......on a purely mechanic level....is there enough restriction, too much restriction, leaks, need for revision...

I think it would be great if people knew the repution of the many surgeons available.
StacysMom
on 3/25/09 2:08 pm
 Don't you think it's also important to know which procedure they had?   

ERNY (and the length of their common channel)?  

Lapband over RNY?  

RNY conversion to DS (with size of sleeve + length of common channel)?  

Stomaphyx or ROSE?

Sclerotherapy (with number times necessary to provide restriction)? 

Surgical reduction of pouch?  

Lapband conversion to Sleeve (VSG - with size of sleeve)?

Some of these surgeries are more prone to complications than others (i.e., ERNY & DS) and not all surgeons do the same types of revisions.  It's also important to consider that some people may have more complications due to their own issues which have nothing to do with the surgeon's abilities or reputation.  Plus, you will only be looking at a small percentage of patients of any particular surgeon, who happen to be looking at this board at this time and answer your post.   

Another way to judge would be to identify the surgeon you want to check out and click on his OH reviews page where you would see comments by everyone who went to him and felt that they wanted to make a comment here (it also won't be all of a surgeon's patients).  

You could also search the revisions board using the surgeon's name in the search box and if that doesn't give you enough, you could identify the surgeon's recent patients and PM them for info.   Sometimes people are private and don't want to post their personal issues/problems (or successes) on a public forum, but they wouldn't mind answering a private message from a fellow WLS patient.
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/09 9:43 am - AZ
On March 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM Pacific Time, KissTheSky wrote:
Name your surgeon and tell us how you feel the proceedure went......on a purely mechanic level....is there enough restriction, too much restriction, leaks, need for revision...

I think it would be great if people knew the repution of the many surgeons available.

My surgeon is Alberto Aceves, MD in Mexicali, Mexico.  I am band to sleeve and my restriction is absolutely perfect.  My surgery went quite well.

Most Active