RNY revision, or Lap band?

llittle
on 3/27/09 1:29 am - w farmington, ON
You should be able to get lapband of BPDS.  A lot of RNY patients stoma's have enlarged.  I went to two doctors and they both told me that was a problem with RNY.  I pray I've helped you.  I am seeking sclerothearpy or BPDS.  I have regained much of my weight also.  I do walk though.  Whatever you decide to do, try really hard to get some walking in.  I still feel much better than I did before my surgery.  Also, insurance companies are covering revisions, but each have different standards.  With sclerothearpy I understand that you don't need preapproval as it is not major surgery.  I will keep you updated with any information I find.  I will be praying for you.  Thank you for sharing with us.  Dr. John Maguire in Dayton does the BPDS.  He has over 30 years experience.  I went to him on Wednesday.  Very nice doctor.  Compassionate and honest.  Also, a doctor in Biringham, MI dos the sclerothearpy.  This is where they repair the stoma with injecting a solution in the stoma to cause it to scar.  It may take 4 visits, but eventually the stoma should be the size it is suppossed to be at the time of the original surgery.  Some surgeons did not make the stoma small enough to begin with.  Don't beat yourself up.  Just know that there is help out there and don't quit.  I almost cried when I got on the scale, but that won't help anything.  I determined to eat the best I can and walk.  I am going to start lifting some weights because I want my bones to become strong.  Have a blessed day.

ladydi1970
on 3/29/09 1:37 am - GA
I am being revised from RNYto DS in 19 days, w/Dr. Husted.

I am one of thoe "Metalobic Resistant" people he talks about in his posts.

I still only eat very little (Physically can only eat a little) but my body absorbs every single thig I put in my mouth!

AND I'm hungry....I mean really hungry, not head hunger, in like 10-15 mins!

So I echo what so many (and my Doc **smile***) has said, please check out the DS.  And if you decide to do that...it's very very important that you use a doc that has oodles of experience w/revisions.  I of course, recommend Dr. Husted!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Most Active