Insurance approved my Stomaphyx

Beachgirl310
on 4/2/09 5:37 am
Hi, We have the same doctor.  I love Dr. Washington.  He did my stomaphy on Feb 25, 09.  So far, I've lost 25 lbs.  I'm very happy with it.  I don't always feel full, but I watch my portions very carefully.  Good Luck.

Lisa
pepsi98
on 4/3/09 11:58 pm - Norwich, CT
Just my own input here...I had Stomaphyx and it was a dismal failure!!!  My worry for you is that if your insurance is going to pay for Stomaphyx (and I'm sorry to tell you that it WILL fail) then they may NOT pay for the next WLS you WILL need.

My suggestion and what I ended up doing...I had a band put over my old bypass.  Very similar recovery and bounce back time, but much more hope of losing that extra weight.   The band will give you 100% assurance of losing that weight...I fear Stomaphyx will give you nothing but anguish and then lessen the odds that your insurance will pay again.

Please think about this before you have it.  No malice here, just trying to help.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Beachgirl310
on 4/7/09 8:45 am
I just went to my surgeon for a follow up from my stomaphyx (2/25).  He said that his patients have had much success with this procedure.  He did say that most of them had to have more than one stomaphyx.  I've only had one and do not feel much restriction.  I am considering another go around.  It may take up to three times. 
Good luck.

Lisa
Most Active