I want to loose again....

sher316
on 3/24/09 8:46 pm
Hello, I had rny surgery Feb 2002 I was 302 and lost down to 182.  over the last 3-4 years I've put some weight back on.  I am currently about 220 which 12 lbs was put on over the last 4 months due to having shoulder surgery and not doing anything.  I hate my weight and want to loose again, any quick fixes???
What is revision surgery???
milehigirl
on 3/25/09 3:02 am - Thornton, CO
I've never been one to think of surgery as a “quick fix" but there are revisions out there to use as tools to help us if we need it.

I am currently researching revision surgeries as well. I've posted a message on this board looking for people who have had experience or have information on the ROSE procedure but haven't had any luck in getting responses.

Best of luck in your quest!

-Jess
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/09 8:21 am - AZ
On March 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM Pacific Time, milehigirl wrote:
I've never been one to think of surgery as a “quick fix" but there are revisions out there to use as tools to help us if we need it.

I am currently researching revision surgeries as well. I've posted a message on this board looking for people who have had experience or have information on the ROSE procedure but haven't had any luck in getting responses.

Best of luck in your quest!

-Jess

The ROSE procedure is a complete failure.  I doubt you will be able to find anyone who can give you glowing reports.

StacysMom
on 3/25/09 2:41 pm
 Here are links to two recent research papers which go into the various revisions available and the successes and failures with each type:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886215/Everyone-should- read-this-Revision-Procedures-for-Failed/

and

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886208/Great-article-on-RNY-revisions-from-Bariatric-Journal/

Be aware that if a doctor doesn't perform the surgery that you want, he/she will try and convince you into having one of the procedures that they do and turn you off to all of your other options.  

The different revision types may not be available in your area, but some people have travelled far to get what they want, even opting to self-pay, in an attempt to avoid having to have a second (or third) revision if the first one doesn't work.   By that time, there may be so much scar tissue from previous procedures that to revise to anything becomes very difficult.  

I have also watched as people go from the least invasive procedure as their first revision, to the most complicated one as their last.    Some have been revised 2-3 times.   It's an important decision.   My advice is to do your own research and not depend on what some doctor tells you to do or what some other patient tells you worked for them.  Everyone is different and only YOU know what will work for you based on your past history, dietary habits and lifestyle choices. 

Most Active