ROSE Procedure - Denver, Colorado

milehigirl
on 3/24/09 3:00 am - Thornton, CO
I had RNY on 5/1/2001 and went from 410 pounds down to 200 pounds in just a year!  I did really well at maintaining my weight for the first 3 years. Not really sure what's happened since then but oh man! I've packed 80 pounds back on and I've been fighting for a year trying to diet and guess what ... still 80 pounds over where I was.

I just started researching my options and I'm interested in the ROSE procedure but I'm having a hard time finding much information on it. Is it relatively new? Does anyone know of a site where I can find more information? Also, does anyone know of a doctor in Colorado (preferably close to Denver) who performs this procedure?

Any help/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!   

milehigirl
on 3/25/09 2:24 am - Thornton, CO
So, I've found more information on the web that told me how the procedure is done and it looks really simple (as far as surgeries go) with little recovery time.

My only problem now is finding a surgeon here in Colorado that does the procedure to see if they think I would be a good candidate.

Anyone know one?

-Jess
jeanyjane
on 3/25/09 3:34 am - Germany
Please take the time and read through old posts here in the revision forum. There are plenty of older threads and posts about the ROSE/stomaphyx procedure, and I have yet to see someone who was happy with it for more then a few weeks. Far most people who had it done and posted here about their results said they wasted a lot of money for it and either lost nothing or lost only 20 pounds or so and gained it back soon. Please do your homework and do more research!!!
milehigirl
on 3/25/09 4:11 am - Thornton, CO
That's what I'm doing here ... research.  =)   
lauralisi
on 3/25/09 9:59 am - Dona Ana, NM
Waste of money!
milehigirl
on 3/27/09 5:40 am - Thornton, CO
In your personal opinion from experience or just what you've heard or read?

-Jess
lauralisi
on 3/27/09 8:53 am - Dona Ana, NM
Personal experience.  I had the stomaphyx and felt no restriction whatsoever.  I wasted $8,000 plus travel and lodging.  I was so suprised.  I honestly expected the surgery to be successful!
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 1:51 am - AZ
On March 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, milehigirl wrote:
I had RNY on 5/1/2001 and went from 410 pounds down to 200 pounds in just a year!  I did really well at maintaining my weight for the first 3 years. Not really sure what's happened since then but oh man! I've packed 80 pounds back on and I've been fighting for a year trying to diet and guess what ... still 80 pounds over where I was.

I just started researching my options and I'm interested in the ROSE procedure but I'm having a hard time finding much information on it. Is it relatively new? Does anyone know of a site where I can find more information? Also, does anyone know of a doctor in Colorado (preferably close to Denver) who performs this procedure?

Any help/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!   

There have been quite a few people posting here that had ROSE or the other similar procedures and I don't believe there is an exception, they all seemed to lose about 20# on the post op diet, then quickly regained that 20# after the post op diet, and then stuck again at their pre-ROSE weight.

Most Active