Decided to Seek out of state Dr. for revision to DS

Regina Ping
on 3/23/09 5:39 am - Vero Beach, FL
For those of you who were very helpful in answering all my questions pertaining to having a DS done I have decided to seek a DR outside of the state of Florida.  Dr. Gagner is the first one who comes to mind in NY.  I was thinking of Dr. Husted but I am not real pleased with the discussions that have went on recently with his nurse on the boards.  I am now making a list of potential surgeons to consider.  I would also like to know the steps in having a major surgery done like this in another state miles from home.  What is the estimated recovery time and how long would I have to stay in a hotel after being released from the hospital?  Is it alright to travel on a plane after the surgery so soon?  What if I have complications?  I am asking for some answers from those who have been there and those who have not.  This has not been an easy decision for me to seek a surgeon out of state but I believe it is the best for me and will ease my mind to go to a highly recommended surgeon.  I will post this info on the Revision board as well.  Thank you in advance for your info.

Regina
JROLFSON
on 3/23/09 8:41 am - St. George, UT

Dear Regina:

I'm not exactly sure what discussions with Dr. Husted's Nurse you are referring to but quite frankly if you are speaking of BariatricRN, she does not work for Dr. Husted she works for the hospital where he practices.

I have been on this Revision Site since 2007 and I will tell you based on the many posts from Dr. Husted patients and his background. You would be very lucky to get him. If he was still in California you could bet your last dollar I would definately go to him.

Another important issue is the fact you are going for DS Revision. He is one of the most experienced on OH. You should go to the Revision Surgeon pages and you  can look up all the surgeons who do revisions and it lists how many, what type and patients reviews.

Good Luck,

JROLFSON

Regina Ping
on 3/24/09 2:25 am - Vero Beach, FL
Great I will go to the surgeon pages and see what I can find out.  I will still consider him as a surgeon since all the negativety has gone on with the recent posts from Cathi.  I just want to be sure I'm not wasting my time and  not getting a  good surgeon.  Thanks for your input.

Regina
JROLFSON
on 3/24/09 9:11 am - St. George, UT
I guess I need to get more in the loop. I haven't seen those posts. I'll go check it out.

If you want a list of all the DS Surgeons I have been in touch with, the one's who seem to have the most experience across the nation. Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Janie
Aryiana
on 3/25/09 9:53 am - Jamison, PA
Regina - Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ is "the" doctor to go to in this area (northeast) for revisional DS.  He came highly recommended and I was very impressed with him when I went for my initial visit.

Yes, I am a WENCH - Woman Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness -- and proud of it!!
Mom to Bethany (16yo), David (14 yo) and Arik (2 yrs old)

Most Active