VBG to VSG

conrad
on 3/22/09 8:33 am - St. Paul, MN
  It will be five years next month (April '09) that I had a VBG. A year ago I began noticing that I could eat a lot more and found out that my band had stretched. I'm scheduled to have a VSG on April 7th and worry about where I'll be five years out from now. Is there anyone out there that has had a revision from VBG to VSG and feel that the VSG is better overall than the VBG, especially long term? Thanks!
Valerie G.
on 3/26/09 10:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You're going from one restrictive procedure to another that lacks long term results.  Have you thought that perhaps you need more than restriction to get to your goal?  Some of us need more to overcome our overefficient bodies that want to hold onto every ounce possible.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

conrad
on 3/31/09 12:43 pm - St. Paul, MN
 Thanks Valerie! Unfortunately, I have  an abnormality of my pancreatic duct that needs to be accessed via endoscope when it closes off causing pancreatitis. Having a GB or DS would prevent access, so the only option for me is a restrictive procedure. From what I have been reading it seems that the sleeve is much better than the VBG.
Most Active