High Risk Surgical Patient

StacysMom
on 3/30/09 11:11 am
 Thank you for posting such great info!      I have heard of Celiac, but did not know about the connection to Type II Diabetes.   This is really exciting new stuff!  
JRinAZ
on 3/31/09 3:00 pm - Layton, UT
Unbelievable!  I've been surfing the net non-stop for about 48 hours looking up info on gluten-free lifestyle/eating!  I was diagnosed yesterday morning!  .....And, here I found your very positive and optimistic post!

Thanks so much!

I've had 2 clean days so far and though I've shed a lot of tears mourning a few things, I realize that I'll be fine with a few adjustments.  I'm considering pulling out my pioneer heritage and actually preserving/canning my own gluten free products.  I've already found some great recipes for condiments, soups, etc. I figured I could bottle and pressure cook and have available on my shelf ofr a lot cheaper than Whole Foods and Sprouts sells the stuff!

My first 2 weeks are just meat, veggies and limited fruits.  Then I can add some of the fluffy things a little at a time.  I can't believe the limited cans of things though. 

I still don't get:  Is a can only safe if it say "gluten free"?  Or can a can be safe if it doesn't list any harmful ingredients?  Do we assume there is cross-contamination if it doesn't say "gluten free"?

Gluten-Free for life now!
Joyce in AZ
Magyargal
on 4/3/09 12:15 pm
Hi there,
      You are no more high risk, then most folks here if these are all the medical issues that you have..
        I all of qhat you have and them some. Only I had stomach stapling back in 1992 when they cut you wide open and broke your ribs. I mean cut.. But it felt like they were broken for years!  Plus I had/have at least 3 other medical issues...I had 7 stomach surgery's...
       I am having a revision to RNY April 27TH. I have to have open surgery.. I'm sure I'll survive. You will do just fine. I'm Sending best wishes and Prays your way...Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active