I think I know why I hit a plateau

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 7:22 am - Togo
I think the reason I hit a plateau was because I was taking in too many chocolate protein shakes.

My doctors nurse really stresses the protein shakes, any and all flavors. She did not put any limit on the number of shakes to have per day. So I was having like 4, maybe 5, a day.

I cut back on the number of protein shakes and increased my intake of other proteins. Fish, cheese, eggs, etc. I began balancing the food scales by reaching for fruits and vegetables for a munchie more often and regularly throughout the day.

Now I use the chocolate protein shake more to break up the food routine of the day or for a dessert type dish.

I'm getting more and and more into 'regular' foods. But still sticking with 'soft' 'regular' foods as much as possible.

Monique H.
on 3/18/09 8:27 am
I'm really glad you are making progress and figuring out what is going on. Some of us aren't as lucky. Keep up the good work and definitely keep me posted as to if this is working for you. I'm trying different things to get me going, but constantly staying in the gym is the only thing that I think is helping me to lose the few ounces that I'm losing.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ADRIENNEF
on 3/18/09 10:34 am - Baltimore, MD
I am glad to see you checked yourself. You feel off the horse and get back on and ride!

All the best!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 10:44 am - Togo
Thanks girls. 

Most Active