update on my lap band revision

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 11:27 pm, edited 3/15/09 12:54 pm - Togo
I seem to have hit a plateau for the moment.

The good news is that people are noticing that I'm losing weight now. I am wearing a pair of jogging pants that I couldn't wear before the surgery. And I am getting better at crossing my legs. It is a comfortable feeling to sit in a chair and cross your legs lady like. It is still a bit of a struggle but I am doing it.

While I seem to have hit a plateau on the scale I am losing inches around my body. 

------

P.S. After having said I hit a plateau - a few hours later I weighed myself and found I'd lost 2 pounds. What a pleasant surprise. 

I am going through trial and error with the post op diet, trying different things out. 

I am eating salad from the salad bar at the store and fish now. My favorite is red snapper and baby shrimp. And I am keeping plenty of canned soft fruit in little cups on the kitchen counter to snack on as I go by. Plus a bowl of imitation crab meat to snack on. I mix cottage cheese with pineapple chunks. I also bought canned asparagus and chopped off the tips. I only like to eat the tips. All canned foods are rinsed and drained. And I have my chocolate protein shake I mix in the blender with ice cubes. Taste like a chocolate malted. Oh, and I eat plenty of soft poached eggs with salt and pepper for breakfast - without butter - maybe every other morning.

I taped a dime up above the kitchen sink. I look at it all the time. The food I eat has to go smoothly through a size that's the size of a dime my doctor said. So I eat little bites, chew well, and I eat often. I am never hungry.

I keep a water bottle of Crystal Lite or some such thing around me all the time. As well as getting in regular water. 

So that's the update.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 8:57 am - Brampton, Canada
Your doing great!   Keep up the good work!
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 12:25 pm - Togo
to LuvMyBand - thank you for your support. 

Anneff36
on 3/15/09 10:25 pm - cedar park, TX
 when was your surgery and what type of revision did you have? Great news about falling off your plateau.

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 4:15 am, edited 3/18/09 1:02 am - Togo
I had a lap band put over a 12 year old rny that the bottom had come out of. I had my surgery the first week of February 2009.

Most Active