Another dumb question from brandyII

brandyII
on 3/13/09 5:54 am
Ok,

I see where RNYers are revising to ERNY but is it possible just to start off with ERNY?  I don't think this is in my book.  If you're having issues because you're revising in the first place even in my case going from lapband to RNY would I be better off just getting ERNY?  Thanks for your patience, lol, brandyII.
shele
on 3/13/09 6:18 am
Nothing is a dumb question!

It would be called a Distal rny, and yes it is done.  It probably depends on your Dr. and your bmi.
Loosing sally had a distal from the start, she seems to know alot, hopefully she will respond.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

StacysMom
on 3/13/09 6:26 am
 Brandy, that is not a dumb question, it is a VERY good one.   And, LosingSally was done distal to begin with, so she would be the one to give you the most info on it.    The distal RNY is the same as the proximal, except more intestines are bypassed.   It is a stronger "tool".  You might also try posting a question entitled "distal RNY? 1st time out" on the main or RNY boards and you would probably get some answers.
brandyII
on 3/13/09 6:27 am
Thanks, I suppose I'm trying to learn so much info these days I can get a bit confused. 
PekinSal
on 3/14/09 5:34 am - UK
The other alternative is a DS. This involves bypassing intestines as well, on purpose, and a small sleeve rather than a RNY pouch. Its working for me

DS revision from failed lapband

brandyII
on 3/14/09 8:06 am
Thanks PekinSal,

I know it's a very good proceedure but none of the hospitals in my area do DS but then again a few years ago they weren't doing lapband either!  Glad you're doing well, brandyII.
PekinSal
on 3/14/09 8:21 am - UK
I had to travel for hours to get to my surgeon - there are only three in the whole of the UK that do it. I chose DS because it would cure my diabetes forever, and it had the best chances of success - when one surgery has failed you it makes you think hard the second time! Good luck!

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active