Need research/stats for appeal

Jennifer D.
on 3/13/09 7:57 am
In Nov/08, before I knew about the DS, OHIP approved me for a revision  from bad RNY to ?? RNY. In the meantime I learned about the DS and realized it was the only way for me. I mailed in a new app in January and just got a denial. Dr. Hagen - here in Ontario gives 3 reasons:
1. "weight gain after roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery may not necessarily be solved by another operation" (well not if its another rny!!!)
2. I would not offer this patient another operation because of the riks involved and the chance of successful outcome are markedly reduced because she has already failed one successful bariatric procedure" (yeah, except it was proven mechanical failure by Dr. Pop last October)
3. Therefore It is not generally accepted in Ontario for this patient to have the surgery requested. (WTF?!!?)

Anyway, I would appreciate any numbers or research that anyone can lik me to to prove the expert wrong. I was looking for those numbers that state the expected weight loss and rate of weight regain. Any Canadian research would be looked at more favourably but I am going to include anything I can find.

Thank you,
Jennifer
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
mipo1
on 3/13/09 4:53 pm - Lowell, MA
Did you actually have the original RNY revised?  
Jennifer D.
on 3/13/09 5:46 pm
No, I haven't gone through with it after learning about the DS.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Most Active