Revision from Lap Band to _________?

bjsoupy
on 3/18/09 9:35 am - Indianapolis, IN
Not all Blue Cross PPO plans are the same.

Right now I am actually waiting on the Dr. to send the letter to BCBS for approval which has been a week.  I have previously checked on my coverage before going forward. That doesn't guarantee anything either.

I found out that my plan was self insured,  administered through Delta and authorization came from Blue Cross.  No two Blue Cross Plans are the same and it depends on where you work and what they have contracted for.

Delta is the one that defines the requirements of my benefits although Anthem Blue Cross checks to see if the providers are in their network and meet Delta's Requirerments.  Delta is given what should be covered by the HR Department where I work.   Makes the process confusing.  When I asked HR about various things I was then referred to a Care Counsel rep to help me.

So your plan may be totally different in its coverage vs any other plan by the same name.

Hope this helps

Bonnie

busdriver
on 3/18/09 11:18 am - Monroe, MI
Hi, I am also a bandster that hasn't done well with weightloss.
Have to admit, I feel it is me failing the band & not the other way around. Anyway, I am planning on attending a seminar for WLS in Wyandotte to see what revision is out there for me. I only lost 20 lbs
2 yrs ago & have gained it all back. Still have the diabetes & high cholesterol (my co-morbitalities that helped me get approved for the Lapband.) Only had to loose 70 lbs & that is why I chose the band. But I haven' been successful. I also have MI BCBS. So I will be following your story. Keep us posted please & good luck. I am not sure which surgery I will try to go for. But I need some serious help b-4 my doctor puts me on insulin. I am a school bus driver & will loose my job of 18 yrs. We are allowed to be on meds, but NO INSULIN.
Sounds like u & me are in the same boat..     Busdriver
Most Active