Giving up on my Revision

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 9:07 pm - AZ
On March 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
Dawn, do you ever stop complaining?! I just saw you *****ing on another post too. Are you hormonal, honey?

Coconut,

I am so surprised you did not quote it for me. Why don't you show it to me. Maybe you got confused what I said. Maybe I just got done fighting with you had a attitude problem going on. Oh, honey I am not hormonal I am just sick of you ! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 10:23 pm, edited 3/14/09 10:28 pm - Togo
Dawn there really is something wrong with you. It comes through clearly in all your posts. Something is truly wrong with you and to get on this forum and take it out on the women here is so out of place. Your anger should be directed at wherever it is originating from.

You slam, insult, argue, fight, call people names, make threats, challenge people to fight with you, etc. It is way off base.

Seriously, and I don't mean this as an insult, but you really need therapy. Some type of counseling where you can talk out the problems in your life. I know you won't take this seriously but I truly mean what I am saying. Your posts reveal someone who is 'disturbed', to say it in the mildest manner. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 6:55 am - AZ
On March 15, 2009 at 5:23 AM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
Dawn there really is something wrong with you. It comes through clearly in all your posts. Something is truly wrong with you and to get on this forum and take it out on the women here is so out of place. Your anger should be directed at wherever it is originating from.

You slam, insult, argue, fight, call people names, make threats, challenge people to fight with you, etc. It is way off base.

Seriously, and I don't mean this as an insult, but you really need therapy. Some type of counseling where you can talk out the problems in your life. I know you won't take this seriously but I truly mean what I am saying. Your posts reveal someone who is 'disturbed', to say it in the mildest manner. 

Coconut,

You got to be joking me. I think you have your own issues and you need to direct them toward yourself. I am done fighting you about it. People see all the post on this sight and can make up there own minds. Just like they can make up their own minds on what surgeon and what kind of WLS they want. I take everything you say with a grain of salt and hope others do when they decide on what surgeon and what type of surgery they want. I am stated what you said 
You slam, insult, argue, fight, call people names, make threats, challenge people to fight with you, etc. It is way off base." 

This is what the 3 of you guys do all the time. I could of not said it better. These are your own words and it fits all 3 of you to a T.  I don't have to defend my self any more...

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 9:11 pm - AZ
On March 13, 2009 at 2:14 AM Pacific Time, Dawn B. wrote:
On March 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
Latinasol,

YOU are NOT a failure!!  The revision surgery failed you!  With the exception of one certain doctor's patients who use these boards as free advertising for their doctor, everyone else who has had their RNY revised to make their common channel shorter has not found great success with it.   

I have been reading these boards for over two years now and have not seen the RNY to distal or ERNY revision work for anyone who has more than 50 lbs to lose.   And, even that degree of weight loss was for people who had their common channels made 75 cm or shorter!  

One woman with the 50 cm common channel lost more weight than she wanted, is fighting to keep her weight ON and has been sick for over a year.  

Another woman with a 75 cm common channel says she has lost 120 lbs (but it might be questionable since she is confused much of the time and she is part of a doctor's advertising posse on here that lies and exaggerates to procure more business for said doctor).  She also mentioned in previous postings shortly after her ERNY revision, that the doctor told her she was never bypassed much during her original RNY, so her revision was more like a VIRGIN surgery, which explains why she has lost more than the others.  She was still SMO even after her original RNY.

It would be advisable for anyone considering a revision from an RNY to something else to read back on these forums and see what the threads say, note the details and not just base such an important decision on what someone is telling them "right now" on any given forum.   Investigate what that same person said several months ago, find out how reliable they are, read their profile, etc.  

Don't even listen to what your surgeon says, unless your surgeon REALLY, TRULY does do ALL of the available surgeries (and even then, get a second opinion).   Don't let the doctor do the "bait & switch" on you, where they get you into the office by telling you that they do "all surgeries" and then convince you that only the revision which they actually do is the "best" choice for you.  

And, don't let the insurance company dictate what is best for you.  The insurance company won't want to pay again when whatever surgery they paid for stops working for you at 4 years out.  Nor will it be their stomach which needs to get cut open again!

Think twice (or three times) and cut ONCE!   Why let everyone else make your decision for you?  It's your body.    Instead of thinking about the "best case scenario" - think about the worst!  What are your options if the surgery fails you?   What will you do then?  What's  plan "B"?   It may sound pessimistic, but everyone thinks  "best case scenario" whenever they start a new diet and NONE of those ever worked!!   That's not a paradigm that works.  

StacysMom,

I am the one that posted that I had the 75cm common channel with a 120 weight loss. Than you have to bring it up in your post to this other person. You act like all the newbies are stupid people. I am not confused. I can read all your nasty post to Loosing Sally. You talked about you never put people down . Your a outright  liar ! You put me down all the time and say I am confused. I never lied to anyone on Obesity Help and I have been confused at times because of my pain meds. I am having my knee replaced next month or 2. I have not posted in a week or so due to the pain. Yes I do get confused at times due to pain meds and a a possible small stroke that I had years ago. But does not give you the right to to put me down all the time along with MWG. You have missed the whole purpose of this site. It is for newbies or anyone to ask questions or just to post what ever they want. You keep talking about doing research all the time. You really have not done your job if I am confused and other people are confused on what exact surgery they had. Sally is nailing you to the wall and you don't like it. People don't want to post because of you and MWG. You guys will attack anyone. Have you ever  posted about your surgery ? You don't tell us a thing. But people on this site talk about their issue and you guys go wild on them. Your the liar on this site . I am so sick of all this fake proof you have. If you don't have nothing nice to say shut your mouth. Oh, you said early tonight that I am doing a great job with my weight loss. Your a liar because you don't really mean it and I am not tell you how to post. I agree with Sally's post tonight.  Have a great night.

Dawn

StacysMom,

It is so funny how you won't respond to my above post. I said you really have not done your job because you have me and more people confused about what procedure they had done. Now think about that one...
StacysMom
on 3/12/09 4:33 pm
 Thank you, Monique, for posting the truth regarding this RNY to distal or ERNY revision.   There are so many on this board who are "patient advocates" (business procurers) for their surgeon and have a vested interest to post that their revisions were a success.   I wish you had fought to get the DS - I have watched RNY'ers have much more success with the DS than the distal RNY revision. 

I have seen people lose around 50 lbs or so with the revision to distal or ERNY, so you may lose some more weight with it down the line.   Those people all had 75 cm or less common channels which is pretty short.   I don't know how long your surgeon made yours.  Get a copy of your surgical report and medical records so you will be prepared if you decide to do something else down the line.

This is why it is so important to know the lingo, do the research and know the "right" questions to ask the surgeon in order to get the revision YOU can ultimately have the greatest success with.   

I keep posting this  because if just one person sees it and they are inspired to act in a way to get the revision they want, it will be worth it.    Maybe posting the truth about your experience with this procedure will help heal you.  Get MAD!   Keep your hands busy typing - maybe it will keep you from eating!       Pay it forward.   Maybe what you write can help someone else, so they are not similarly disappointed after having major surgery with little benefit.   

StacysMom
on 3/14/09 9:40 pm
 Monique, please take a look at these threads:

This one goes into the outcomes and successes of all the various revision procedures:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886215/Everyone-should- read-this-Revision-Procedures-for-Failed-Gastric-Bypass/

This one investigates the RNY to DS revision and also mentions the RNY to distal or ERNY revision and how it compares:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886208/Great-article-on -RNY-revisions-from-Bariatric-Journal/

These are articles written by doctors for doctors out of a bariatric medical  journal.  I never hurts to hear about what is currently being studied and to learn the lingo so that you can speak to your doctor in his or her language, and also not be dependent solely on what the  doctor tells you.

Here is something else you might find helpful in not blaming yourself!  Dr. Husted and Diana Cox just posted some interesting info on WLS and African American women.  Here is the link - Diana's post is underneath Husted's:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3883925/Revised-my-RNY-a nd-stayed-the-same/#31224148

I hope your situation improves - anyone can see that you are working very hard to be successful.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/11/09 9:18 am
You should contact your surgeon and get his/her input, but you should also ask on the appropriate board (you had RNY??) and ask other RNYers what they suggest as well.

There are some here at OH who have already walked the path before us, and often have some insight that helps. Good luck.
latinasoi
on 3/12/09 2:28 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks for the INPUT, i am extremely disgusted and can't get out of my own way.
latinasoi
on 3/11/09 10:35 pm - Orlando, FL
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/09 2:50 am - Stephenville, TX
How are you doing now? I am looking at a possible revison. I can say all the things you are saying 10x worse.  I hope you are better. I will find out March 28 if I have to do this over. Lisa
Most Active