Weight Wise, Dr. Broussard Self - pay, after surgery get reimbursed from BCBS Federal?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 3/11/09 2:15 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi folks,   

I plan to go with Weight Wise in Edmond, Oklahoma, Dr. Toby Broussard for my revision from lap band to VSG.  I'm going to self pay.  I heard that WW submits a claim after you have paid them to BCBS Federal and some patients actuallly  got reimbursed.   

So, has anyone been reimbursed from BCBS Federal after you paid for your surgery self - pay if so how much did they reimburse to you, the whole amount or some?  Something will be better than nothing.......you think???   Just wondering.............

Thanks.

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/09 2:24 am - AZ
On March 11, 2009 at 9:15 AM Pacific Time, Virgie T. wrote:

Hi folks,   

I plan to go with Weight Wise in Edmond, Oklahoma, Dr. Toby Broussard for my revision from lap band to VSG.  I'm going to self pay.  I heard that WW submits a claim after you have paid them to BCBS Federal and some patients actuallly  got reimbursed.   

So, has anyone been reimbursed from BCBS Federal after you paid for your surgery self - pay if so how much did they reimburse to you, the whole amount or some?  Something will be better than nothing.......you think???   Just wondering.............

Thanks.

I know someone who was reimbursed for an original lapband, not sure of details but I can ask if you wish.

Virgie Tschirhart
on 3/11/09 2:46 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Yes, please ask for me.  I just love your avatar picture of the doggie.  Is your doggie a yorkie ****zu mix?   

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Britt U.
on 3/23/09 4:23 am - Mill Creek, WA
Actually the Federal BCBS plan changed for 2009. I spoke with them on the phone today. The revision must be pre-certified which I was told is basically just the letter of medical necessity with appropriate codes. The person on the phone told me it was straightforward and revisions are covered (as is the VSG code).

It used to be you did the surgery first and then tried to get coverage but now it's the opposite. If you don't pre-cert they won't pay.

Britt
Most Active