Looking for a doctor to do revision of RNY to Duodenal Swich in GA or other states

Keisha R.
on 3/10/09 7:06 am - Fairburn, GA
I am currently looking for a doctor to do revision of RNY to Duodenal Swich in GA for my husband and me.  I have been told that it is extremely difficult to find a doctor in GA, so I am definitely open to doctors in other states.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions that might be helpful?
AphY Girl
on 3/10/09 10:50 am

Dr Husted in TN is very widely known to do revisions and DS surgeries.  I'd try him first, there is no one here in GA really who will even touch another surgeons patient.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/10/09 1:30 pm
I agree that Husted has a very good reputation, but there is also a list of DS surgeons at DSfacts.com you may want to check out.
ellesix
on 3/12/09 3:42 am
I would say post on the DS board, there are a lot of well read people on there that know their surgeons especiallys since DS is the surgery that most folks revise to.

Good luck to you!

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
sarah Shonfelt
on 3/12/09 9:26 am - Acworth, GA
Hey Keisha, sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday, I went home sick..to the hospital. Anyway, I went through Dr Smith for my DS, I know he does revisions, but not sure if he does RNY to DS. He is in Kennesaw and his number is 770-919-7050. He is out of Kennestone Hospital. John is also going to have the surgery soon.

Good luck, Sarah

Thanks, Sarah                 HW: 325 SW: 311  -  DS Surgery 10/15/08

lauralisi
on 3/12/09 10:35 am - Dona Ana, NM

Hi and Welcome!!!!!
I also had a previous rny and stomaphyx. And now I'm going to do what I should have done in the first place-have the duodenal switch.  But, we need a very experienced rny to ds revision surgeon.   A regular ds surgeon is not enough for us.  That narrows the field considerably. 
Now, there are surgeons who will do a revision on us, but not the ds.  There are other surgeons who say that they do a ds, but then try to talk you out of the ds saying that it is too dangerous, that their surgery is just as effective, that you don't need the ds etc.  There are also surgeons who will do the ds on you, but do not have the experience with revisions you will want.  Be careful.  The fact is,while many surgeons care deeply about their patients and their craft, there is a competition for patients, numbers of surgeries, surgical eputations, etc. 
So far, these are the, best most experienced names I have come up with for
our particulal situation.

Dr. Buchwald in Minnesota
Dr. Cirangle in
California
Dr. Crookes in California
Dr. Deveney in Oregon
Dr. Elariney in Virginia
Dr. Gagner , NYC
Dr. Greenbaum in New Jersey
Dr. Daryl Stewart- Denton TX
Dr. John Husted of Kentucky
Dr.  Inabnet in NY
Dr. Jossart in California
Dr. Keshishian in California
Dr. Rabkin in California

Best of luck to you
Keisha R.
on 3/15/09 1:45 pm - Fairburn, GA
Thanks so muchfor the information; Iam definitely going to contact some of these surgeons for more information.
Most Active