Revision 5 days out!

Goldiegirl
on 3/7/09 1:42 am, edited 3/7/09 1:46 am - Brookfield, CT
WOW!  I feel great!!!  I had my revision from RNY on Monday and its Saturday and I feel fantastic!

I had RNY in 2004 and never lost much weight.  I am sure that I out ate the surgery so my surgeon and I chatted about doing DS but in the last week we decided to just revise to a ERny/BPD type of revision and leave my 100 cc pouch rather that doing the entire stomach change with the DS.

I feel fabulous.  It is going to be a struggle to stay away from the carbs for the rest of the lifestyle I am fine with!  I have had about 6 oz protien shakes already and no issues.  I am going to try some cottage cheese (fat free of course) or sugar free yogurt tonite.

I cannot tell you that I was expecting to feel much worse than I do and my hospital stay was fantastic.  I still have a HUGE suture line but hey, that is the least of my worries.  He tried to do it laproscopically but said there was too much scar tissue. 

WOO HOO!!!!!  I am on cloud nine.  I even got on real jeans today without an elastic waist!

Hugs

Ames
lalala2
on 3/7/09 2:26 am - Winnetka, CA
Wow!  What an inspiration U R !  I am scheduled for an RNY revision on 4/8/09 and am grateful to hear how well U R doing.  Keep the posts coming. 
shele
on 3/7/09 3:49 am
Good for you!! I will be there on the 23rd! I can't wait... although hearing how well you are doing after an open procedure helps!
shele

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

mew6495
on 3/7/09 4:17 am - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS!  Glad to hear you are doing so well!  I too have had the open procedure back in October and it went good with no complications.  I was glad in the end that my doctor did do it open as he found and fixed so many issues, including scar tissue, that would not have been seen lap....

Keep up the good work and keep posting and let us know how you are doing.  I hope your revision is everything you need it to be!

Goldiegirl
on 3/7/09 4:26 am, edited 3/7/09 4:27 am - Brookfield, CT
Well good news, yogurt went down fine.  I sort of "felt" the last few bites traveling down into the intestines but I am guessing that its probably cold (I froze the Dannon Lite N Fit) and I am guessing that the area that was reattached is sensitive.

I actually had a craving for meat this afternoon but I know better than to push that envelope! 

I am still really swollen in my belly area but I am guessing that is to be expected.

Took a walk outside around my cul - de - sac today and it was beautiful. 

I think I might even venture out in the car tomorrow for an errand.  I cannot believe how good I feel.  I do however, hit that late afternoon slump around 4 o'clock and get sort of tired but my mother (who is an RN says that is normal for any one who is recovering).

My only concern is this:  I cannot tell when I am full because of all the sutures and swelling.  Does anyone have any indicators?  I don't want to go overboard.

Today I had:

12 oz of water
6 oz of watered down apple juice
6 oz of decaf coffee
8 oz protein shake
5 oz. sugar free yogurt

Any feedback from experienced revisionists, would be great!

Thanks again to everyone!

Hugs

Ames
Lori M.
on 3/8/09 7:04 am - West Babylon, NY
Glad all is going well for you. I had my band removed last year and am having Open RNY 3/18/09! I am very excited and ready to begin my new journey.I am tired of the way I look and feel!
allieoop
on 3/8/09 8:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi!

I'm 11 days out from a lap RNY revision and I was surprised at how soon I bounced back too.  I went back to work Wednesday, exactly one week from my surgery, but I really should have waited to go bac****il tommorrow.  I did okay, I just got very tired and was sore by the time I got home.  I think I'll do much better tomorrow.

I'm still in the full liquid, not quite pureed stage and the thing that has helped me the most food-wise is Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup.  So many of the things on liquid diets is sweet (sugar free - but stuff like Jello, popsicles, etc.)  and the soup satisfies a "real food" craving.  I also sprinkle some grated cheese on top and sitr it up - it really hits the spot.

I'm also drinking alot of Crystal Lite (WalMart brand is just as good to me).  I go back to the Dr. on Tuesday - so I'm hoping he will advance me to pureed or maybe soft???

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Allie
April J.
on 5/9/09 1:29 pm - Bowie, MD
What type of revision surgery did you have, RNY to what?
Robert P.
on 3/9/09 3:01 pm - Pelham, AL
Glad you're doing well.  I had a stomach stapling to RnY revision on 3/6, and have been lucky to have no pain at all.
Goldiegirl
on 3/9/09 10:57 pm - Brookfield, CT
Thanks so much everyone!  Its been great!

Hugs

Ames
Most Active