4th fill didn't happen!

pepsi98
on 3/5/09 6:40 pm - Norwich, CT
I went up yesterday to Boston for my 4th fill and we decided not to fill.  I had lost another 3.4 lbs for a total of 7.8.lbs in a month and she felt that I really was doing well.  My major concern was getting too tight and having problems.  I still really have to watch myself and make sure I eat the right foods, but the band really makes it doable for me.

I am a revision...band over bypass and so far I am very happy with my band.  The weight loss is slow for sure, but it gives me time to actually change my relationship with food.  I'm posting this here for those seeking a revision to realize that a band is a great option and it does work.  It may not be for everyone (but no surgery is) but it have been great for me so far.

I've lost a total of 20.6 lbs since 12/10...slow but sure.

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/09 4:34 am - AZ
On March 6, 2009 at 2:40 AM Pacific Time, pepsi98 wrote:
I went up yesterday to Boston for my 4th fill and we decided not to fill.  I had lost another 3.4 lbs for a total of 7.8.lbs in a month and she felt that I really was doing well.  My major concern was getting too tight and having problems.  I still really have to watch myself and make sure I eat the right foods, but the band really makes it doable for me.

I am a revision...band over bypass and so far I am very happy with my band.  The weight loss is slow for sure, but it gives me time to actually change my relationship with food.  I'm posting this here for those seeking a revision to realize that a band is a great option and it does work.  It may not be for everyone (but no surgery is) but it have been great for me so far.

I've lost a total of 20.6 lbs since 12/10...slow but sure.

Sue

Very good!  Fantastic, congrats to you!

You know, any WLS is just a tool to use until we change our eating habits and it sounds like you are doing just that..

Good job!

pepsi98
on 3/6/09 9:25 am - Norwich, CT
Thanks MWG...I really feel that this was the option that I could live with and that really is the most important thing.   When I had my stomach stapled in 1982 that was the only game in town and it was considered state of the art back then.  Bariatrics has come such a long way since then and all of us are living proof that we are living in an awesome time .The best thing about WLS is that there are so many different options for  all of us. This is something we should celebrate about instead of bicker about.

Shalom!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active