Revision-1week out

bennemom2010
on 3/5/09 8:12 am
Hi Everyone,

OH is such an awesome support system.  I'm hoping for some support, advice and likely hoods on a RNY revision I had last Tues.  My first was May 2005 and I never last more than 50lb total and 16 right out from the surgery. I been struggling ever since.  I have been seeing an awesome but fairly new surgeon for the last 2years and she discovered last year I had a part of intestine (10cm) just kinda out or rather over (yikes) where there shouldn;t have been any.  The thought was maybe the food I ate was just kinda hanging out there.
Anyone out there who can relate or have heard of such a thing or even can offer some input on weight I may lose this time around-Iknow everyone is different and they would be opinions only.
Also any ideas how to get all my protein in- I'm struggling and did with the original surgery and I don't want this to play a factor in not losing weight.

Hugs
F
JROLFSON
on 3/6/09 12:05 am - St. George, UT

Hi There:

I have heard of weird things when it comes to the intestines after RNY. I personally have a problem occassionally where I have a part of intestine that flips over when I eat certain kinds of meat and as the food moves through it flips back over. My surgeon thinks it's possible that when I had my RNY revision that a piece of intestine was left hanging out there somehow, don't ask me how, I really don't know. But the pain when that happens is excruciating. And, so far they have never seen it actually flip because they would have to have me in an exam situation when it takes place.

What kind of revision did you have on Tuesday? I can tell you that I had a gastroplasty in 1979 it lasted about 8 years I lost 125 lbs and then I noticed that I could eat large amounts of food again, gained back 100 lbs. They gave me an egd and found the stapling had come open. They revised me in 1989 to RNY and I lost 125 lbs again and kept the weight off for 15 years slowly, but surely it has crept back on. About 60 lbs.  I see no reason why you can't lose a lot of weight. But the kind of revision you had is important to know.

Good Luck.

JRolfson

Most Active