5 weeks since Lap Band Revsion to RNY (long)

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/09 4:09 am - AZ
On March 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM Pacific Time, charleston-mom wrote:
You're right - I tend to be way too obsessive, but only because I really care. My heart's in the right place. I have a friend who is doing everything wrong and not losing and I'm just really worried about her, so it makes me a little crazy. I know we all have to find our own way, but I worry when people test things out really early on. I settle down - sorry!

I know your heart is in the right place, I've seen your posts. ;o)  I've seen you try to warn people about banding, I do the same.

I think it's easy for us, we've been through the learning curve and we've completed revision, we know what works for us.  It seems so easy, do what we do.  But I have to pull myself back sometimes and remember that each person has their own journey.

I need the reminder ALL the damn time.  See my profile and you'll see what I mean!  HAHA

Pam M.
on 3/6/09 10:29 am - WA

Congrats on your success! I'm currently in the process of getting insurance approval from band to RNY. My band slipped and I had to have emergency surgery in November, only 4 months after getting my band. I hate the sliming, foaming, and pain in my chest if I take too big of a bite. I've heard that eating with RNY is  much easier. 

Keep your fingers crossed that I get my approval! Continued success to you!

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

ceecee53
on 3/11/09 4:07 am - Boston, MA
Hi Jamie,
Thanks so much for sharing.  I didn't do well with the lap band and on April 6th will have a revision to a RNY.  I'm praying that all goes well.  I would really like to hear your comments/concerns regarding the RNY.  Are you happy with the RNY?
Hi Randall,
I wanted to check to see if you can see Stewie.  How's your day going?  Fine I hope.  Take care .

CeeCee
Most Active