Revision Requirements for Medicare

A B.
on 3/3/09 9:50 am - Abilene, TX
Five yrs. out from RNY Lost from 398 to loosing 126 lbs. the first nine months... Since then it's been up hill , back to 330 I have contacted several Dr's offices asking about the requirements, how you know what is going on inside; if there is staple breakage, pouch , or stoma too extended or what. I'm must be too Dingy to understand, but I just dont understand what more they want. All of the presenting medical issues are still with me, I didn't get off any of my B/P pills, have COPD, on Oxygen to breath,bad knees, ruptured disk in back , just to name a few. What is Co-Morbid resolution and Medibolic Failure ? Two INsurance dept. at the offices mentioned these are some reasons for Medicare to cover the surg. I had a new surgeon(less than 100 done)and without putting All the blame on him, he may have missed something, or lef my pouch too large. Never dumped with sweets, was never Full, just had to starve myself to loose those pounds .... Please anybody, help me understand, in everyday English,,,, I Need a Revision!!!!
NahNah
awayfrmitall
on 3/4/09 11:30 pm - Seattle, WA
From my understanding Medicare will pay if there is a "mechanical failure" of your first surgery. Like a staple line breaking.

There should be tests that can be done to see if there was a failure of the first surgery that will have them cover. 

You might want to call the ladies at www.beliteweight.com  and ask for someone on the Medicare team. They help people who have medicare have WLS or Revision surgery and are very knowledgeable.  It can't hurt to ask questions at least you'll have someone answers in everyday english instead of "doctor speak" which I don't understand either.

awayfrmitall
on 3/4/09 11:31 pm, edited 3/4/09 11:34 pm - Seattle, WA
Most Active