Has Tricare covered your Revision?

emlasseter
on 3/3/09 5:02 am
I am trying to see how difficult it will be to get Tricare to approve my Revision. I had a Gastric Bypass in 2000, and am now back up to almost pre-surgery weight. My BMI is over 40 and I have Co-Morbidity issues as well.

Thanks for any help or advice
angie K.
on 3/3/09 12:29 pm - TX
i'm not sure on a revision like that. What would you want to revise to??  I had Lapband to Gastric revision last week, do to band issues. they didn't cover my original band, but thankfully they covered my revision from it! We are tricare prime.
macsue
on 3/6/09 3:52 am - Danville, KY
I can add what I have learned while I wait for my surgery.    Tricare has been working with my docs office and says they will approve if they just get the right code.   They have already approved a code for an "open rny" to revise a previous vbg.   The hold up is that the doc wants to do a "lap rny" they can't seem to come up with the right code.   Tricare has been pretty good about talking to me and it sure seems that they are quite willing to approve it if they can just get a good code.  I'll still be waiting however, because I just found out that my doc is changing hospitals and I'll have to wait some more for that.....  

Good luck.
<^><^><^>Where there is faith there is hope, Where there is hope there is everything<^><^><^>         
Most Active