Lap Band over RNY

Regina Ping
on 3/3/09 2:58 am - Vero Beach, FL
I am doing my homework on a revision to DS from a RNY.  Problem is I'm having a hard time finding a doctor in FL and I am considering going out of state.  BUT, I just read here some have a LapBand over the RNY.  I've never heard of this and maybe this could be an option for me as well.  How do I go about finding a doctor who does this in FL?

Regina
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/09 4:47 am - AZ
On March 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM Pacific Time, Regina Ping wrote:
I am doing my homework on a revision to DS from a RNY.  Problem is I'm having a hard time finding a doctor in FL and I am considering going out of state.  BUT, I just read here some have a LapBand over the RNY.  I've never heard of this and maybe this could be an option for me as well.  How do I go about finding a doctor who does this in FL?

Regina

A band after is a little safer surgery and less expensive but the weight loss is not going to be as great as it would with DS.

I don't care for bands on virgin stomachs, too many complications but on a bypassed stomach (done by a good revision surgeon) they seem to do much better regarding complications.  But weight loss is still slower.

pepsi98
on 3/3/09 8:12 pm - Norwich, CT
I have a band over my old gastric stapling and I agree with MWG..it is slower weight loss, but as a revision it has been good so far.  I really did not want to go through a major surgery with all the risks associated with it.  I did research other revisions and really dialogued with my doctor and chose the band.

Slow loss, but that is fine with me.

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

I have a band and want to revise to a bypass.  But, my husband has a band over an RNY.  He was the first in Florida.  See www.pascosurgical.com He lost the extra 100 lbs in a year and has maintained it now for nearly 3 years.  For a total of a little over 300 lbs.  Dr. Lee Grossbard in Zephryhills does them at Pasco Surgical.  He was our surgeon. 

Regina Ping
on 3/4/09 1:17 am - Vero Beach, FL
Thanks so much for the info.  I will be calling their offce later today.  What should I expect from having this procedure?  I never made it to my goal weight of 160 lbs.  Currently I weigh 215 lbs.  Hoping this will be the choice I need because I think I've changed my mind about having a DS.
Thanks again,
Regina
Most Active