update on my lap band revision surgery

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/09 5:51 am, edited 2/28/09 8:44 am - Togo
As of today I have lost 20 pounds over the last 3 weeks or so. i had the lap band and it is working well.

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/09 10:00 am - Brampton, Canada
That's great!
JanelG
on 2/28/09 11:25 pm - Canada
That's great!!  I was just wondering what surgery you had before the band?  I had VSG and I am considering getting a lap-band over it.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/09 2:41 am - AZ
On February 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
As of today I have lost 20 pounds over the last 3 weeks or so. i had the lap band and it is working well.

Very good, congrats!

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/09 3:28 am, edited 3/2/09 12:09 pm - Togo
i had a rny 12 years ago. the lap band is over that and it is working very well.

i had restriction right after surgery. enough that it gives me limitation.

i haven't vomited or had 'sliming' like I have seen other women write about here on the forum. it has been easy going to date.

on my follow-up visit the doctor said if the restriction i have is working then maybe i won't need 'fills'. 

i think that maybe he gave me some restriction during the surgery because i had a terrible fear of the 'fills'. when he saw me in the hospital after surgery he questioned me about restriction. when i told him i did, indeed, have some restriction he seemed pleased. i think he meant for it to be that way. i am so grateful to him.

StacysMom
on 3/2/09 10:34 am
 Congratulations!!  Sounds like you have a sharp doc - I've never read here of anyone else being "pre-filled" - what a great idea he tried on you!   You told him you were afraid of fills and he took care of you!  That's what I call really "tailoring" the surgery to the patient!  Must make you feel good to find that he really "listened" to what you had to say!

Cheers!
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/09 11:30 am - Togo
He is truly a kind doctor. And compassionate. He listens and he cares. One day I will say who he is here on the forum so others can benefit from his kindness, but not until i am all finished with him. For right now HE IS ALL MINE and I am going to keep it that way. 

Most Active