my erny story

LosingSally
on 3/2/09 3:08 am
I was addressing only what is posted here. As to what may or may not be on another board, unless the person or persons you are referring to have informed you of their ( real) name and location, doctor and surgical proceedures, how are you coming to the conclusion of who is who?
From what I have read, the names are not the same, but the surgeon and ERNY may be the same?  Assumptions really don't help, I prefer to " go with what I know" and all I know is what people post  HERE, and what I've addressed is what is posted HERE.
I have a true Distal RNY, or what many would now call ERNY, yet I am not a revision. This was my original bariatric surgery that I had in August 2005. I have a pouch with a short common channel.
I don't have issues any more than anyone else I see posting and less than many with similiar and  different surgeries.  But then everyone's body is unique and so might some problems be. 
Pointing out that a surgeon or medical doctor could have a subjective point of view may well be helpful, without the humilitating aspect of helping those "less smart".I find that to be a patronizing attitude and I would resent such remarks and ideas were I the supposed " less smart" one. 
Those *****late their own experiences, and their own opinions about their surgery and their surgeons, are doing exactly what Obesity Help is all about.
When I see people blowing roses up my ass while touting any surgical choice as perfect, I beleive I can differentiate between that and factual information. I also like to give others respect and the benefit of the doubt as to their ability to use common sense to do the same.  That said.. if one doesn't have the sense to do their due diligence before committing to a drastic body alteration, they flat out shouldn't have the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/09 4:42 am - AZ
On March 2, 2009 at 11:08 AM Pacific Time, LosingSally wrote:
I was addressing only what is posted here. As to what may or may not be on another board, unless the person or persons you are referring to have informed you of their ( real) name and location, doctor and surgical proceedures, how are you coming to the conclusion of who is who?
From what I have read, the names are not the same, but the surgeon and ERNY may be the same?  Assumptions really don't help, I prefer to " go with what I know" and all I know is what people post  HERE, and what I've addressed is what is posted HERE.
I have a true Distal RNY, or what many would now call ERNY, yet I am not a revision. This was my original bariatric surgery that I had in August 2005. I have a pouch with a short common channel.
I don't have issues any more than anyone else I see posting and less than many with similiar and  different surgeries.  But then everyone's body is unique and so might some problems be. 
Pointing out that a surgeon or medical doctor could have a subjective point of view may well be helpful, without the humilitating aspect of helping those "less smart".I find that to be a patronizing attitude and I would resent such remarks and ideas were I the supposed " less smart" one. 
Those *****late their own experiences, and their own opinions about their surgery and their surgeons, are doing exactly what Obesity Help is all about.
When I see people blowing roses up my ass while touting any surgical choice as perfect, I beleive I can differentiate between that and factual information. I also like to give others respect and the benefit of the doubt as to their ability to use common sense to do the same.  That said.. if one doesn't have the sense to do their due diligence before committing to a drastic body alteration, they flat out shouldn't have the surgery.

~~I was addressing only what is posted here. As to what may or may not be on another board, unless the person or persons you are referring to have informed you of their ( real) name and location, doctor and surgical proceedures, how are you coming to the conclusion of who is who?~~

Because the person in question does provide this information.

StacysMom
on 3/2/09 10:54 am
 LosingSally,
'
It appears that you have misinterpreted what has been said in this thread.   No one is insulting anyone's choice of surgery.   The concern is that the newbie revision (or other) patient is not being given information which is true and correct.   That it is being skewed for the purposes of promoting one particular surgeon and one type of surgery.  That is all.

LosingSally said:

"It also is a form of disrespect towards the one making their own  choice of preceedure, by constantly informing them that their choice is somehow wrong, that their feelings of satisfaction are somehow not valid, and that they are too stupid to have taken charge of their own health care in anyway they see fit."

No one is accusing YOU of being being stupid.   And, no one is "slamming" your choice of surgery.  However, there is a concern that other people, who are new and just starting to read this board, may be swayed by the misinformation being disseminated by other people on here who have a separate agenda than everyone else.   It is obvious to many on here that a particular surgery and doctor are being promoted by a group of patients and they are using "less than true" information to do it.   They are not giving the whole story.   One person in particular has been posting on other boards that she is less than satisfied with her surgery, yet she is happy and healthy to everyone on OH.   IT IS DISHONEST and DECEPTIVE!   Especially to newbies.  It appears that there are ulterior motives and a hidden agenda at play.   You may not have noticed it, but others have.    I have only been reading for a little over two years and it was VERY obvious to me.

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH ENCOURAGING SOMEONE TO DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH AND LEARN THE LINGO AND ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS?  

The ones who are "not so nice" on here are the ones who are purposely misleading others and encouraging others to contact them on an off-site private email address, so that they won't be "corrected" with the truth when they post falsehoods on OH.   
Most Active