What is a good revision for a RNY?

SheriAZ
on 10/13/09 2:22 am
Wow this is from Feb I had to go back a bit to figure out why I was getting my butt - what's left of it - chewed out. I do stand by my words however, I made a mistake regarding the type of surgery I had and apologized but still support my surgeon who has been there for me every painful miserable step of the way. Through so much more then you can imagine. Now let's put this one to bed shall we, there are so many more issues to dig up.
JRinAZ
on 10/13/09 3:18 am - Layton, UT
On October 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM Pacific Time, SheriAZ wrote:
Wow this is from Feb I had to go back a bit to figure out why I was getting my butt - what's left of it - chewed out. I do stand by my words however, I made a mistake regarding the type of surgery I had and apologized but still support my surgeon who has been there for me every painful miserable step of the way. Through so much more then you can imagine. Now let's put this one to bed shall we, there are so many more issues to dig up.
Hey SheriAZ!
So sorry to hear that you've had a rough road.  Are things getting better?  I don't know what part of AZ you are from but we'd love to have you join us on Thursday at the HM support group. (many revisions to ERny and 1st time DS's join us from various programs/surgeons).

Don't stress over the couple of folks that pull junk out of ancient history to prove their shallow points.  I'm sure they've NEVER said or typed anything in their life that they wished had never happened!!!  Right?! The fact that ANYONE is on a revision forum is proof enough that we evolve and change our minds.  That's life!   We learn and grow....There are hundreds of amazing people on these forums who make up the difference and who truly want to hear & share accurate perspectives and info.

Soooo......not much left on your butt huh?  LOL!  Try working for a plastic surgeon who looks you over daily and sees nothing but "possibilities"!  .....  I'm quite fond of my sharpei hiney but,  ....the squishy extra deflated tire that hangs over my jean tops has got to go!!!!  .....  More p.s. is on my latest "to do" list!!!

Take care and keep on posting and sharing!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 7:25 am - AZ

Look, I didn't bring the thread back to life, I didn't comment on your surgery type, I didn't comment on what you referred to your surgery.  All I wrote was that StacysMom did nothing wrong and you started the **** storm, nobody else.

JRinAZ
on 10/14/09 12:57 am - Layton, UT
On October 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:

Look, I didn't bring the thread back to life, I didn't comment on your surgery type, I didn't comment on what you referred to your surgery.  All I wrote was that StacysMom did nothing wrong and you started the **** storm, nobody else.

You said:  ~~you started the **** storm, nobody else.~~

Nice!  A girl defends an ancient post in which she admits she has apologized for and learned from and is accused of starting a **** storm!  Of course all of us will sit up and "read" your outstanding posts when we have to walk through the mire to get to them!  Pure class!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 1:24 am - AZ
On October 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
On October 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:

You said:  ~~you started the **** storm, nobody else.~~

Nice!  A girl defends an ancient post in which she admits she has apologized for and learned from and is accused of starting a **** storm!  Of course all of us will sit up and "read" your outstanding posts when we have to walk through the mire to get to them!  Pure class!

Nooooo, Ms Coordinator... StacysMom wrote a nice and helpful post. SheriAZ went off on her.  To blame StacysMom is out of line and inappropriate.

Nobody referred to Schlesinger (originally, I did though), nobody referred to surgery types, nobody referred to names.  Sherri went off on StacysMom.  Deal with it.

Even you can understand this... the one who pushes Schlesinger in public yet in on private boards refers to him as a butcher.

Why have all these support groups other than to get more target patients where you earn a fee?  You skank.  You get what you get.  You play the role of this supportive person but in reality you are just earning your pay.  Go away you AW.

StacysMom
on 2/28/09 8:12 am, edited 2/28/09 8:13 am
 I did not post anything nasty or insulting.   I posted information only on different types of possible revisions and provided a link directly to a page on OH where you and some others had posted.   I posted the link as an example of how doctors (in general) tend to do whatever revision they see fit and sometimes confuse the patient into thinking they have had the revision that they asked for.  

I guess it's just a coincidence the only ones who have recently posted about such confusion were you and another woman who was a patient of the same surgeon.   (Hmmm, curious, don't you think, for  TWO people to BOTH be confused in the SAME way at the SAME time by the SAME surgeon?)   The FACTS speak  for themselves!  If you think it made YOU look bad, you only have yourself to blame - they were YOUR words, not mine.   If you weren't on the forum confusing people that you had the DS when you really had the ERNY, you wouldn't have been quoted in the first place. 

How you can try to blame ME for what YOU said is completely ridiculous! 

I am happy to hear that you NOW understand what surgery you had and that you  are happy with it.   I always thought it would be a good idea to understand what was being done BEFORE going under anesthesia, not a few weeks after you have woken up from it. 

I never even mentioned the name of your surgeon.   I do, however, find it very odd, that all of your little cheerleader group have had the same surgeon and are constantly stirring up negativity by pushing his name down everyone's throats and posting incorrect information EVERY CHANCE YOU ALL GET!    

Yet, when your group is accused of stretching the truth and is corrected with actual FACTS, you get all "huffy" and "puffy" and accuse the posters with the verifiable facts of "slandering" said doctor.   Here's some news for you.   If it is only facts which  are being presented and the facts are correct and verifiable, then it's not slander.   It's called the TRUTH!  

No one is saying your doctor's a bad surgeon.   What we're saying is that there is a group of patients (?) who post on here constantly and find a way to sprinkle his name into every post they can, thereby using a free public board for advertisement and patient procurement.    It is only being done by this ONE group about this ONE surgeon - do you really think that anyone feels it's a coincidence???  Come on!
Tracy Ta Da
on 10/12/09 6:09 am - Hurst, TX
Theresa - I am in the same boat and I can eat alot more, which doesn't help.  What have you found out.  I am supposed to get a revision sometime next year - but I am reconsidering.

Tracy Morton
twylia_w
on 4/2/10 1:23 pm - Umatilla, OR
I know this is a older post but I really would love to see or hear from people that have had the revision done??????  RNY to DS  I went to my primary care PH today and he thinks I should check into it .

Feel like I post differnt places on here and nobody answers PLEASE I really would love answers!

Thanks to everyone

Twi
Kerry J.
on 4/4/10 4:09 pm - Santa Clara, UT
You would get a lot more responses over on the DS Forum, it's a lot more active that the revision forum and there are lots of people like me there who are revisions from RNY to DS. It's also helpful for you to read back a page or two or more looking for threads about what you want to know.

In any case, here's something I posted a few minutes ago on the subject:

Extended RNY; ERNY or Distal RNY all bypass more of your small intestine; they're pretty drastic and can be dangerous if too much intestine is bypassed. You should look for Joyce in AZ; here on the revision forum, she has ERNY and is trying to get it reversed or revised to DS. IMO ERNY is a terrible WLS. A far better choice is the DS; it has the best stats for losing and keeping weight off long term and it allows the most normal eating; it's very easy to live with compared to any RNY because you have a fully functional but smaller stomach.

None of the WLS are evasive they're all invasive, they are all major surgery and all have about the same risk of complications and death; the chances are very small, but they all have that small risk.

I had RNY for 28 years; I would be considered a success because I lost most of my excess weight and kept if off for 15 years, but I did lose control and ended up gaining all the weight back. I got a revision to DS in Sept. 2008 and it's been wonderful, I've lost the excess weight, I'm maintaining easily; it's like heaven compared to RNY and that damn pouch.

If you want a revision that really works; the DS is it, it's the best there is and it's wonderful. But any revision is going to be major surgery, so don't delude yourself into thinking there's some magical surgery that's not as serious or invasive.

Here's a couple of links to my 1 year and 18 month posts you can see for yourself how a revision to DS works:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4024505/One-year-ago-today-who-could-have-known/action,replies/topic_id,4024505/page,1/

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4140718/18-Month-Update-with-s ome-skin/#33822789

Kerry

Most Active