DS Revision

bluecrab
on 2/1/12 8:03 am - MD
My daughter is 27 yrs old and had a RnY about 6 or 7 yrs ago.  She also regained her weight, not all of it but a great portion.  In Feb 2010, she went to a Surgeon in Va who did a precedure called a jejunum ectomy *not sure of spelling)   she ever since that surgery has had major issues of malasorbtion.   Her prealbumin levels are now 2.6.....last year they were very low and swelling and you name it happened.   After 1 week of hospital, she was on TPN at home for 12 weeks.   THe doctor keeps saying eventually her body will level out and her protein will absorb.  IT is now 2 yrs and it is still dropping.   There office did not do well on following up with her, so we have now requested records and will be going to Washington Hospital Center soon.   I am scared for her, but I know this is something we must do to get her well again.   Has anyone else ever had this sort of revision?   He also put a lap band in there during this precedure which is just in there not doing anything and has not had any adjustments.     I wonder at how many others have experienced this type of revision?    Good luck on yours.......would like for anyone reading this to comment...........
smileyjamie72
on 2/2/12 2:37 am - Palmer, AK

Did you ever get you operative report??????  That will TELL YOU exactly what was done to you.

You ca get your op report from the hospital which yu had your surgery done.

Then, once you have that in your hand.... please come on over to ths DS board, there are many, many knowledgeable people on there that would help you out with deciphiring some of the language in your report.

Hope that helps!!!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

DrHusted
on 3/13/09 7:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
An upper GI series (x-ray) or an endoscopy would tell for sure the type of stomach you have. Revision options for failed BPD/DS involve shortening of the common limb, shortening of th alimentary limb, or reducing the size of the stomach/sleeve. In the U>S>, reducing the size of the stomach seems to work the best.

John D Husted, MD
Dr. John Husted

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines.  Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!
Most Active