I am going for revision, rny on March 17

Rebecca K.
on 2/23/09 10:19 am, edited 2/26/09 9:10 am - Moberly, Mo
I have been out of the loop for sometime. I had my org RNY on August 22, 2002. In December 2004 I had to have hernia repair/repair done to my staples. Now I am down on the books to have Revison with a new doctor at a new hospital. I have heard some good and some bad about the doc and hospital. The last time I was actually at this hospital was for another procedure and I did not care for the nurses. They actually would not let me Sister stay with me in the room. I got no sleep at all that night. I felt bad. The nurses would not even help me to the bathroom or anything. I guess some people say I am just a baby. But when you  have been in the hospital settings as much as I have and see how the nurses actually treat their patients it concerns me deeply.
 Anyway sorry about blowing steam off. But does anyone know anything about Dr. De La Torre or University Hospital Columbia in Missouri?
  Can anyone offer support to this soon to be 41 year old person on March 31 no less?

Thanks

p.s. my days are ticking away. I am so confused. I have tried reading up on exactly what  revision will be but I am stumped. The doctor's office sent me info but it just reads like I am starting out like I have never had the surgery before. Can someone help please??

p.s.s. Ok since noone can seem to answer my board can anyone tell me what wbsite or where I can go to get some answers please!!!

LisaAnn
on 2/26/09 4:48 pm - WA

Hi, I cannot help with the dr, as I do know know him or her.

I do want to say GOOD LUCK to you for your upcoming surgery!!

I wish I knew more, but I am in the very beginning researching phase so I am not sure on exactly what the revision will entail. I am assuming since you had the RNY, they will  bypass more of the intestine to make it more malabsorbtive.

Good luck to you! I hope somebody who has the right answers will post soon!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active