SO now I am bummed!!

daylont
on 2/21/09 12:06 pm, edited 2/21/09 12:07 pm
Well, I had my appointment to get the results of the Upper GI and labwork and Ct Scan.  When I spoke with the surgeon ( Resident who works under Dr Haque) who set these tests up he stated that  Dr. Haque would be willing to do the revision, but wanted these tests before he could commit. Well the tests are complete and I met with the Dr haque finally and he talked a bit to me, now he wants me to see the nutritionist and to scope me. He also wants me to do a food journal. He said he is not saying that surgery is out, he just wants to exhaust everything else first. I don't want to wait  6 months. I am fustrated!! Right now I just want to give up. He said surgery is a double edge sword for me, so he wants to check these other things out first.
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 11:12 pm - Brampton, Canada
I understand your frustration but at least this doc is not overly eager to slice and dice and seems to be coming from a standpoint of your best interest and being cautious.   Revisions can be potential landmines so it's best to have every test the surgeon needs to assess you.

Hang in there and best wishes!
daylont
on 2/21/09 11:36 pm
Thank-you for replying to my post. I know it is probably in my best interest to have these test. I just need to slow down. I want a revision so bad!!! I am up to 220 pounds, my blood pressure has been running about 165/106, I have type II diabetes, My cholesterol is 285, I have Hypothyroidism.   What makes the revision surgery so complicated for me is that I had a total Colectomy  ( internal stoma not a bag )about 8 years ago, so He said the DS is out for me. Just not possible. WHY am I gaining weight at such a rapid pace?? I still have good restriction he said. My stomach is only about 5 CC. I am sorry I just need to talk, I am so darn  frustrated!!! 
mew6495
on 2/25/09 9:20 am - MI
Hi daylont,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment!  I surely hope things start looking up for you. 

If nothing else, everything your doctor is asking you to do will help you get insurance approval once complete.  I know it might not seem like much now but when it comes time to get the approval it could make all the difference.

Hang in there.  It will happen for you!  Good Luck.

Magyargal
on 3/1/09 6:22 am, edited 3/1/09 6:23 am
Hi in there.. 

Mew hit it right on the head !! I just went through the same exact same thing you are going through!!! I started this journey late August 2008. I had to do all kinds of test and see a Nutritionist too. That was with the first surgeon I saw. Then he decided after all I went through, that he was not experienced enough to do my revision. My surgery would be too complicated.
      Then onto surgeon number two..He not working out either... Then onto Surgeon number 3, Dr. Ameri, He is very experienced. I feel very comfortable with him. And guess what?? I got approved in just 3.5 days!!! YEA!!! I got my approval just this past Thursday! 2 surgeons told me there was no way I'd get approved!! Dr. Ameri who is my surgeon now, also didn't think I'd get approved!. But I did get approved!!
      Everything will work out for you.. Relax.. I didn't think I'd ever get this far! I had stomach stapling back in 1992...I also had many stomach surgery's too, 7 of them. That I can remember..I was 388 back then. Went down to 210, gained back to 243 pounds. I need to get healthy. I have many health issues. Plus I'm a shorty, 5'2". I wish you well, I'll say a Prayer for you....Hugs.. Alizka  

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

daylont
on 3/1/09 9:34 am
Thank -you Mew and Magyargal for your responses. I am trying to be optimistic. I have military doctors and I know they want to be safe. I am having a endoscope on the 11th of March. So I will just continue to do as they tell me and hopefully they will understand that I am serious. I am also keeping a food journal now. So thank-you for the prayers and positive thinking. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Most Active