Constant Plugs For Dr Schlesinger

JRinAZ
on 2/24/09 1:28 pm - Layton, UT
On February 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 All I have to say is that THE ONLY REASON YOU KNOW WHO THIS DOCTOR WAS was because of the BLATANT and OBVIOUS and INAPPROPRIATE promotion of him on this board not only by his cheerleaders, but the "AMBULANCE CHASING" by HIM, hijacking this peer-to-peer board for his own SELF-PROMOTION and PROCUREMENT OF POTENTIAL PATIENTS  - all under the guise of "helping" people.    

THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ON HERE STATING YOUR CASE, PROVES MY POINT!!!

It worked!   

Other doctors have tried, but none have been so successful at using the boards for their own promotion as he was.   I watched and read as this particular MD managed to manipulate at least 10 people to travel across the country for a surgery they could have gotten from a surgeon who is just as competent, much closer to home.  YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!   

A little personal attention from an MD on the phone certainly went a long way!   Got you to get on a plane!   Maybe the other doctors you contacted were so busy actually practicing medicine that did not have time for "hand-holding", and this doctor had the time to give you the emotional support you needed.  Bravo!  I would have been VERY wary of any doctor who has both the TIME and the INCLINATION to USE A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD for private PROMOTION and PATIENT PROCUREMENT.   

It sounds like he is a "nice guy"  and a terrific surgeon, but he should take out paid advertising like every other doctor does.   That would be how a PROFESSIONAL would handle things.

While it is wonderful that you are so happy with your surgery, this post is NOT about YOU or YOUR surgical choices, it is about A DOCTOR AND HIS PATIENTS HIJACKING CERTAIN OH FORUMS TO ADVERTISE AND PROCURE POTENTIAL PATIENTS.   I thought I was the only one who was sick of it, but then this woman from Canada posted, so I realized there are others who would also like to see it stop.   That is all.  
Dear friend who thinks she knows everything.......FYI the very folks you think should be getting paid for Dr. S advertising were the ones who invited him to post on this forum.  They felt like it would give a personal touch to have an m.d. actually responding to patients.  They have a p.s. posting on the p.s. forum and other m.d.'s posting at various places throughout the boards.  Dr. S was giving a service!  Shame on you for accusing folks of hijacking anything!  .....  Go back into your lurkerville mode since you obviously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.  ....  As for Dr. Schlesinger's relationship with O.H.; he was invited to speak at 2 of their events as well as accepting invitations to 2 of their phone seminars.  I'd say he's been very generous with helping both Revision posters as well as O.H. in general.  You take a little piece of fact and twist it into big whopping lies. 

Give it up!  I'm very very DONE with you and I will continue to say the name of any surgeon I feel deserves kudos!  It is the perogative of all of us on this board.  You can shout about any surgeon you respect and I will pay attention for 2 seconds and then keep reading......it's done all the time and is not the devious attempt to gather patient's like you have represented.  You are out of control.  CALM DOWN for Heaven's Sake!

It wasn't that long ago that people accused me of fabricating my revision just so I could post on this forum.  Oh brother!  I took several months to recover from my fabricated surgery.  .....  As i've said before, I am an open book.  I post my life all over the place.  I post my picture.  where's yours?  I tell who my employer is.  who is yours?  My agenda is to promote a better quality of life for my obese population.  Sometimes that involves dropping surgeon's names if people inquire.  Saying that i am not asked is ridiculous.  I probably get dozens of p.m.s every day from people wanting my story and wanting advice.    This is a tiring battle you've chosen to wage against the world.  Who wins?  I could care less.  What's your agenda?  ....just to diss me?  Pitiful!    what you want me to do or what you think of me.  Whatever!!!  I will do that which I have always done and people can use their right to delete my messages or block my posts. 

DONE!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mew6495
on 2/25/09 7:19 am - MI
On February 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 All I have to say is that THE ONLY REASON YOU KNOW WHO THIS DOCTOR WAS was because of the BLATANT and OBVIOUS and INAPPROPRIATE promotion of him on this board not only by his cheerleaders, but the "AMBULANCE CHASING" by HIM, hijacking this peer-to-peer board for his own SELF-PROMOTION and PROCUREMENT OF POTENTIAL PATIENTS  - all under the guise of "helping" people.    

THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ON HERE STATING YOUR CASE, PROVES MY POINT!!!

It worked!   

Other doctors have tried, but none have been so successful at using the boards for their own promotion as he was.   I watched and read as this particular MD managed to manipulate at least 10 people to travel across the country for a surgery they could have gotten from a surgeon who is just as competent, much closer to home.  YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!   

A little personal attention from an MD on the phone certainly went a long way!   Got you to get on a plane!   Maybe the other doctors you contacted were so busy actually practicing medicine that did not have time for "hand-holding", and this doctor had the time to give you the emotional support you needed.  Bravo!  I would have been VERY wary of any doctor who has both the TIME and the INCLINATION to USE A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD for private PROMOTION and PATIENT PROCUREMENT.   

It sounds like he is a "nice guy"  and a terrific surgeon, but he should take out paid advertising like every other doctor does.   That would be how a PROFESSIONAL would handle things.

While it is wonderful that you are so happy with your surgery, this post is NOT about YOU or YOUR surgical choices, it is about A DOCTOR AND HIS PATIENTS HIJACKING CERTAIN OH FORUMS TO ADVERTISE AND PROCURE POTENTIAL PATIENTS.   I thought I was the only one who was sick of it, but then this woman from Canada posted, so I realized there are others who would also like to see it stop.   That is all.  
It proves nothing and you could not be farther from the truth.  It is very presumptuous and ignorant of you to even think you can begin to know who I am and why I make the decisions I do.  How do you even know I had a phone consultation with the doctor?  My point is, you don't, nor could you even guess what my path was to a revision.  This only proves my point that you do not operate from facts but only from emotion and hearsay.

Now I have nothing against you and unlike you, I would not presume to know what makes you tick or why you carry such a heavy burden of hatred. 

I have seen others with mind frames much like yours.  Typically they are individuals who are either so very unhappy with life, full of hate or ignorant.  I don't know which one you fall under but I do wish you the best and hope your life gets better or at least that you find more hapiness in your surroundings then what you come across as.

Good luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/09 2:49 am - Brampton, Canada
Hey mew thanks for sharing your experience, I appreciate your feedback.
mew6495
on 2/25/09 7:11 am - MI
You're very welcome!  Thanks for reading it with an open mind. 

StacysMom
on 2/24/09 2:47 pm, edited 2/24/09 5:21 pm
 JRinAZ said "As for Dr. Schlesinger's relationship with O.H.; he was invited to speak at 2 of their events as well as accepting invitations to 2 of their phone seminars. "

The reason that Dr. Schlesinger was "invited" to speak at events and on phone seminars was because Dr. Gitt, who is a PAID SPONSOR of ObesityHelp was a SPONSOR of those events.  He hosted parties and raffles and other things and because of his PAID SPONSORSHIP, his EMPLOYEES (i.e., Dr. Schlesinger) were ALLOWED to give presentations!    And, you know this, because YOU worked for them at the time, even though you denied and denied until positive proof was posted on this board!  You danced around that truth at the time as well, saying that Schlesinger didn't "sign" your paychecks.   Well, Gitt signed BOTH his and your paychecks, so what did that make you? 

The doctors PAY for the "privilege" of speaking - it's a way to drum up business!   But, certainly someone with YOUR experience as a BARIATRIC COORDINATOR would already know that - so I see you're once again TWISTING THE TRUTH in an attempt to sway people's opinions.  SICKENING!!

BTW, ObesityHelp has pulled down ALL of Schlesinger's videos and he no longer has a page on OH (except for his reviews).   His "presence" on OH is all but gone.  It was all taken down when he left Gitt's employ.   I guess Gitt must have been paying for it, eh?  

FYI, the "Official"  MODERATOR for the REVISIONS BOARD (DESIGNATED BY OBESITYHELP) is Dr. Husted, although I've never seen him post here.  Hmmm, maybe he thinks it would be, how do you say it .... TACKY!  Uhhh, UNPROFESSIONAL???   He actually has a PAID AD, like a professional should.

I'm expecting you to write that now, you're "certain" that I must work for Husted, when I never even noticed that he had ANYTHING to do with this forum until you "inspired" me to check - so I clicked on "Forum Contributors" and that's what I found.   That's right, Husted, NOT Schlesinger! 

I clicked on the "Revision Weight Loss Surgery Information" area to the right of this page.  Surprise, SURPRISE!!!   Dr. Husted wrote ALL of the informative essays!   He is the one who ObesityHelp designates as this forum's OFFICIAL CONTRIBUTOR!!   You only  have to click on it  to see.

You are so uninformed  that it's funny - at least do your research before stating things as FACT.  There are those of us who WILL double check EVERYTHING you say.

As I've said before elsewhere (so many lies of yours to keep up with) - YOUR HORSE IS DEAD --- please stop beating it !!

DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN.  I HAVE BEEN SILENT ABOUT THIS FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS - WATCHING (apparently along with many others) HOW YOU, YOUR COHORTS AND YOUR DOCTOR HIJACK THIS BOARD FOR PRIVATE USE AND PATIENT PROCUREMENT!!

Are there any Dr. Husted patients out there?  Perhaps he should know that some other doctor has been hijacking his board, where he has paid to place ads and is the OH designated "Forum Contributor". 

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/09 3:37 pm - San Jose, CA

I love how Joyce tries to deflect your truth-telling.  I think it's time to start mommy-buttoning her free and deceptive advertising.
JRinAZ
on 2/25/09 12:25 am - Layton, UT
On February 24, 2009 at 10:47 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 JRinAZ said "As for Dr. Schlesinger's relationship with O.H.; he was invited to speak at 2 of their events as well as accepting invitations to 2 of their phone seminars. "

The reason that Dr. Schlesinger was "invited" to speak at events and on phone seminars was because Dr. Gitt, who is a PAID SPONSOR of ObesityHelp was a SPONSOR of those events.  He hosted parties and raffles and other things and because of his PAID SPONSORSHIP, his EMPLOYEES (i.e., Dr. Schlesinger) were ALLOWED to give presentations!    And, you know this, because YOU worked for them at the time, even though you denied and denied until positive proof was posted on this board!  You danced around that truth at the time as well, saying that Schlesinger didn't "sign" your paychecks.   Well, Gitt signed BOTH his and your paychecks, so what did that make you? 

The doctors PAY for the "privilege" of speaking - it's a way to drum up business!   But, certainly someone with YOUR experience as a BARIATRIC COORDINATOR would already know that - so I see you're once again TWISTING THE TRUTH in an attempt to sway people's opinions.  SICKENING!!

BTW, ObesityHelp has pulled down ALL of Schlesinger's videos and he no longer has a page on OH (except for his reviews).   His "presence" on OH is all but gone.  It was all taken down when he left Gitt's employ.   I guess Gitt must have been paying for it, eh?  

FYI, the "Official"  MODERATOR for the REVISIONS BOARD (DESIGNATED BY OBESITYHELP) is Dr. Husted, although I've never seen him post here.  Hmmm, maybe he thinks it would be, how do you say it .... TACKY!  Uhhh, UNPROFESSIONAL???   He actually has a PAID AD, like a professional should.

I'm expecting you to write that now, you're "certain" that I must work for Husted, when I never even noticed that he had ANYTHING to do with this forum until you "inspired" me to check - so I clicked on "Forum Contributors" and that's what I found.   That's right, Husted, NOT Schlesinger! 

I clicked on the "Revision Weight Loss Surgery Information" area to the right of this page.  Surprise, SURPRISE!!!   Dr. Husted wrote ALL of the informative essays!   He is the one who ObesityHelp designates as this forum's OFFICIAL CONTRIBUTOR!!   You only  have to click on it  to see.

You are so uninformed  that it's funny - at least do your research before stating things as FACT.  There are those of us who WILL double check EVERYTHING you say.

As I've said before elsewhere (so many lies of yours to keep up with) - YOUR HORSE IS DEAD --- please stop beating it !!

DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN.  I HAVE BEEN SILENT ABOUT THIS FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS - WATCHING (apparently along with many others) HOW YOU, YOUR COHORTS AND YOUR DOCTOR HIJACK THIS BOARD FOR PRIVATE USE AND PATIENT PROCUREMENT!!

Are there any Dr. Husted patients out there?  Perhaps he should know that some other doctor has been hijacking his board, where he has paid to place ads and is the OH designated "Forum Contributor". 

Nice! 

I am flattered beyond words that you would try and find out all the little details about me.  .....  You can google my favorite color and probably come up empty though so I'll just throw you that little tidbit:  PURPLE!  I just LOVE purple!!!

As I said.....I'll continue giving and getting support as an Erny Revision.  I would investigate you and your background but I could care less.

Anyone ineterested in meeting next Saturday the 7th for a Revision Brunch, please let me know.  We're excited to be launching an AZ Revision support group in the near future!
[email protected] for more details.....
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JROLFSON
on 2/25/09 6:45 am - St. George, UT
ginau
on 2/25/09 7:44 am - mesa, AZ
Hey J.R

So hows it going today? I was taking a break  and started reading some of the garbage on this board.  Wow  some people never give up ! 

It may be coinsidence But Dr Gitt's wifes name is Stacy.  and I hear tell that her mother had  WLS - So I wonder along with others - if that in fact is Stacy's mom found here on this board ? 
Ya never know..... 

Just because a few of Dr Schlesingers patients are So happy and shouting his name from roof tops  because he has given them a second chance  at being a big looser again - You have to hear from all the ugly people and Nay sayers ... They can guess who they are ..  and we will never know their true Identity. Or at least they dont think we will? 

Also - I find it funny  how people are so afraid to Post their photo or even any profile information. is it because they  have multiple I.d's ?  or are they in fear that someone will recognize them and pummel them with pie slices at the  local grocery store ?? 

A lot of people on this board dont realize that not all surgeons do all types of surgeries or even bother to educate their patients on what is available out there. as a matter of fact one local surgeon  does not advocate coming to this web site at all.    

We can only wish that  this site could be more uplifting and encouraging to others - instead of  backbitting and fighting that goes on here... Lmao  that will ever happen.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

DrGitt
on 3/18/09 12:53 am - Phoenix, AZ

I will state, for the record, that Joyce was our employee for well over one year. I did pay her for her work. I will also confirm that Dr. Schlesinger was never "invited" by OH to speak but, rather, he was invited by me as I was the event sponsor on both occasions. That is a fact. I will also state, for the record, that "Stacey’s' mom" is not my mother-in-law and that I do not know her and I have never met her. I do also find it incredibly obnoxious that GinaU has the gall to lay out accusations about "Stacey’s' mom" being my mother in law and she also makes comments about my mother-in-laws purported medical history. It is one thing for her to shill for her friend, Dr. Schlesinger, but quite another for her to divulge information about a completely uninvolved woman (whether the information is true or not) without that persons' approval. Shame on you GinaU. I will ask that you cease your mindless harassment of my family and move on to something else. I do also hope that everyone else *****ads this forum considers the possibility that you might speculate about their family members or make such dumb and inane comments when you really should remain silent. Again, shame on you. I hope that you are feeling very proud of yourself! I am not posting as a Doctor, but as a disgusted participant. I am disgusted by you, GinaU.

Most Active