I'm clueless.....about DS who can enlighten me....

carolem
on 2/20/09 8:11 am - Austin , TX

My surgeon and I have been talking about what we may have to do if it turns out I can't tolerate much of a fill with my current lap band.  I've had it for over 2 years but the last year has been a nightmare.  I had a fill from an out of area doctor because we moved here and didn't know who to go to.  Mistake, he filled me too tight and to get back to him was 2+ hours away for an unfill.  I thought I was just not eating right, but as it turned out it wasn't me it was the way my band had been placed initially.  I had a small hiatal hernia that wasn't repaired prior to the band being placed.  So now I'm unfilled and after my doctor looks over the films from the upper GI he will know if we're going to try to fill me again, slowly....the problem is, if I can't handle too much fill without all the vomiting again and reflux, then the band will cease to be of any use to me.  But now what????

I've heard people just love the DS, but truthfully I don't know anything about it, anyone here have any information for me, or suggest something other than RNY, that one scares me!

Thanks

Carole

Carole M

Deanne K.
on 2/20/09 2:01 pm, edited 2/20/09 2:10 pm - Tucson, AZ

If it's Dr. Blackstone, don't rely on her helping you.  She isn't that keen on revisions, no matter the type.  She was my original RNY surgeon and I gave up on her after 3 years of her not helping me and saying it was all my fault.  It wasn't, it was a surgical failure and almost a non-existant surgery.   You do have the option of a DS.  If you are still in the Phoenix area, check out Dr. Eric Schlesinger, he is the only one doing the DS in Arizona.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/09 2:36 pm - San Jose, CA
I would look very very VERY carefully at posts here and on the AZ board about Schlesinger -- while he has done a few DSs, he pushes his revision patients into his favorite surgery, the ERNY.  If you want a DS, you need to go to a REAL DS revision surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/09 3:14 pm - AZ
Dr Schlesinger does real DS surgery. I know many patients of his that he has done a DS on.  Many of them don't like to post on Obesity Help. I would also check out the DS forum where you can get lots of good information. You will also find on this AZ Forum site many happy Dr Schlesinger patients.  Good Luck 
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/09 3:24 pm - San Jose, CA
He may occasionally do a virgin DS, but I haven't heard of any revision patients who he hasn't insisted was not a candidate for a DS, but rather his favorite ERNY.  You can cheerlead him all you want -- even after he disappeared on  you -- but he's still a bait-and-don't-switch revision surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/09 4:31 pm - AZ
He never disappeared on me. I know where he was going and how to get in touch with him. I can cheer lead all I want . I am happy with my weight loss. I could of let another doctor do my surgery and I would have cheered for them to. Do you work for Dr Schlesinger ? I know you don't.You can go on and on about the bait and switch. Why does Dr Schlesinger have so many happy patients? I never see any unhappy patients of his ? Do you ? I think not. Everyone has your number.
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 12:38 am - San Jose, CA
You just go on living in your fantasy land -- do YOU work for Schlesinger?  Because your foolishness makes him look bad.  And your statement about knowing where he is is inconsistent with earlier posts -- for a while, you didn't know either.

Here's a thread with a few complaints about him -- and on page 3, there are links to threads on this very board. www.lapbandtalk.com/f78/please-help-infection-port-area-7973 5/

By the way, I don't have the time or interest to go looking for this **** -- people who know about and can't stand your cheerleading of Schlesinger and my willingness to kick you in the ass, but who don't want to get in the middle of it, send me information that I am happy to post. 

You're right -- people have my number -- they PM me and thank me for warning about bait-and-don't-switch surgeons.
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 1:43 am, edited 2/21/09 1:46 am - Togo
DianaCox response to Dawn B:   You just go on living in your fantasy land -- ...  your foolishness makes him look bad.  And your statement about knowing where he is is inconsistent with earlier posts -- for a while, you didn't know either.

... I ... can't stand your cheerleading of Schlesinger ...

... my willingness to kick you in the ass ...

... people have my number ... and PM me and thank me for warning about bait-and-don't-switch surgeons. 

You are absolutely right about 'Dawn B'. I have had so much trouble with her. She takes a stand when she doesn't even know what she is standing for. She has not got an independent thought or opinion of her own. Here on the web she has called me names, etc, etc. Like a child and she is always confused. 

You are right about Dr. Schlesinger. There are a few women on the forum here who are involved with him and his money directly and promote here on this web site in what they think in an under handed unassuming manner. They have been accused of, and are clearly getting, kick backs for the women who sign up with him. It is very deceitful. I wouldn't trust this doctor because of his underhanded manner of doing business.

Glad you spoke up. These women get exposed from time to time here on the forum but then new women come on the forum and don't know and get sucked in.

Glad you brought it up. I applaud you.

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 2:20 am - AZ
Coconut678,

I have only called a name one time. Are you living in a fantasy world ? I don't work for DR Schlesinger and I don't get paid for nothing. Also you had your Lap done and I did not say word about it. I think your confused. I think every one on OH has had trouble with you. Look at all the previous post. I forgot you like to go back and delete all your negative post on line and people have talked before. I am done with you.
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 3:43 am - Togo
From Dawn B : I am done with you.

Good. Thank you. Finally. Thank God !!!!!

Most Active