1st post-op follow up visit - good news - Yaaaaahhhhh!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/09 10:02 pm, edited 2/20/09 1:02 pm - Togo
i had a lap band put over a 12 year old open rny. I chose a lap band because I didn't want any malabsorption or deficiency issues. It was done about a week and a half ago.

yesterday i had my first follow-up visit and it was good news. i lost a total of 14 pounds!

i can see and feel the weight loss in my face, arms, butt, hips, waist, and legs. it is sooooo wonderful.

i am following the post-op diet. it is pretty easy. lots of low low fat protein shakes, and other things. very easy. I take small bites and chew very well.

i had restriction immediately following surgery and i may not need a fill - at least at this time it appears that way. the restriction i have is working so the nurse says it is possible i may not have to get a fill. 

I haven't vomited or had any 'foaming' experience like I have read in other posts.

thank god it is working for me. 

LisaAnn
on 2/19/09 4:47 am - WA
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

louisec
on 2/20/09 12:49 am - Orange County, CA
I am so happy for you. You are a glimmer of hope for me. It was a good feeliing to read this today. I have been fighting for the same thing since May of 2008. I am in my last stage of the battle. IHR at the State level. Good new is that Kelly @ Obesity Law has been an Angel and Allergan has helped pay the bill!!
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. I really needed to read this.
re-do lou
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/09 4:17 am - Brampton, Canada
Coconut congrats on your surgery!    Just remember you are still a very new post op and the majority of us do need fills and once you heal more you more than likely will need fills as you will get your appetite back.   It took me four fills over four months to reach great restriction so be prepared to be patient.  Also at this stage you wouldn't be on full solids so as you do and start getting fills that's when you need to be aware of eating too much or digesting something you cannot digest.

I love my revision to the band!   Still thrilled almost three years banded!
Most Active