Restorative Obesity Surgery Endoscopic

Smurfette
on 2/18/09 10:07 pm - Hewitt, MN

Does anyone know if there is a surgeon in Minnesota that does the ROSE ( Restroative Obesity surgery Endoscopic) procedure, and has anyone had it done?

GoTerry54
on 2/19/09 7:52 am
Hi- I called the company last week about my friend in Milwaukee and they said the closest Surgeon trained in ROSE was Dr. Michael Ujiki in Evanston. This was too far for her to go due to her health but maybe it is okay for you. Good luck!
happy girl
on 2/19/09 8:23 pm
There is noone in MN doing it

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

mlpandbaby
on 2/22/09 8:47 pm
hi there, just real quick.  I had the rose procedure done in May, I lost an initial 22lb, but have stopped loosing and am struggling to keep it off.  I feel no restriction.  Dissapointed in the whole thing.  I am part of a one year study of it done in New Jersey, it seems like a failure.....
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 1:14 am
I work in the bariatric field and worked ina  hospital where it was it studied/trialed. The results were less than impressive. Wouldn't waste my money and would research other options. Just my opinion.

Cathi Roskind
RNY2002
on 4/1/09 5:53 am - MA
I had sclerotherapy almost 3 months ago today.   Here's my story:

I had my endo consult back in late November, my first sclero procedure on Jan. 13, my second one on Feb. 25 and going in for a endoscopy (potentially a 3rd treatment) on April 15.  I am doing soooo good!!!  I weigh in weekly and tomorrow is the day.  So far I have lost 34 1/2 pounds!  Woo hoo!!!  Aside from the weight loss though, I am no longer hungry all the time.  Actually, I am no longer hungry at all until it's really time to eat.  I've been eating about 1200 cals. a day; breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and maybe a low cal snack if I get "head hungry".  The procedure really does work.  You will get your satiety back!  

It has worked really well for me this far.  When I first read about it on these boards I was really discouraged.  People made comments about how it worked for a few weeks and then "that was it".  It's not true.  It does work.  Understand that after a few weeks out of your procedure, your intake will increase.  This is normal.  The Dr. doesn't shrink your pouch.  He injects your stoma with a chemical that closes up the "drain" at the bottom of your pouch.  This is what keeps you fuller longer.  You still have to make good food choices and stick to a plan. 

Hope this info. helps.  I sure could have used this positive feedback when I was looking for it!
Most Active