I Feel Like a Failure

latinasoi
on 2/18/09 10:38 am - Orlando, FL
I had my revision on 11/24/08, and I am not losing.  I feel like I have no restriction whatsoever. Is this possible?  I don't know what to do.
weightwatcher07
on 2/18/09 11:08 am - Dallas, TX
I had my revision in August and protein is my answer. I have been going to support groups this time faithfully and the support is good on comparing notes on whats working and whats not. You might have to write your meals down and take them to your nutrtionist. I was eating sugar free bread and whole wheat bread and she told me no bread for a while it was an empty caorie. I also took out the good old carbs back out and my weight started moving again. Keep trying and good luck.
JROLFSON
on 2/19/09 4:30 am - St. George, UT
Dear Latinasoi:

May I ask what type of Revision did you get?

JRolfson
ginau
on 2/20/09 5:21 am - mesa, AZ
Hey ... Your not a failure !!! Get that thru your head first and foremost!!!

Just go back to basics ,, Protein and water.. Push .. Push >> PUSH !!!

Remember that your body starts breaking down simple carbs and absorbing the minute you put them in your mouth.. So stop eating them.  Plus your body  might be in shock / Plateau mode.  Its holding on to it's resources right now.. Just keep feeding it the good stuff.

Go back and Journal .. use fitday to track ..  find a Protein drink that works  for you - I know taste is a big thing .. I just started using  Muscle Milk - not too bad !! getting used to it ...

If you had a more malabsoptiver procedure - you wont have restriction - your intestine will be doing the work. But  you have to be mindful of what you  put in it your body ... I found that  filling up on Salads is helping me ..

Question  -  shall we have a  weightloss challenge ?  Who can loose  most weight by Easter ?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active