Has anyone had theRose Procedure done

garcot
on 2/18/09 6:54 am - South River, NJ
Hi Everyone,

I would like to hear from anyone who has had the ROSE procedure done.  How is it working for you and would you recommend this procedure?.  I am looking into having it done with Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons, 83 Hanover Rd Suite 190, Florham Park, NJ 07932.  Has anyone had their procedure done with them?  I would appreciate any and all feed back any  you could offer.  I had a Distal Gastric  Bypass in 1999 went from 370 to 214 at my lowest (My goal is 180).  After 5 years and 14 procedures for Infertility treatments, along with being severely over medicated with no success, my metabolism is completely shot .  I am up to 250 and nothing I seem to be doing to get it off is working.  We adopted a baby in 2006 and she'll be 3yrs old in March. Trying to keep up with her carrying the extra weight is a real struggle.  And with me soon approaching 43yrs old I know it will just get harder to take the extra weight off.  I want all the weight loss help I can get now so I can be as healthy as possible, not just for myself but for my Family.

Thanks for your help.
JROLFSON
on 2/19/09 4:37 am - St. George, UT
Hi There:

I'm not sure what your situation is, but there are many other options out there. Such as a switch to DS, ERNY, LAPBAND. The ROSE Procedure has and is being done in several places, but I don't think the results a glowing as yet, maybe in the future. And, unless you're in a study, it would be self pay, whereas some of the other options are covered by insurance. You might want to investigate the Bariatric Surgeons on this site and the duadenolswitch.com site for other possibilities.

I am scheduled for ERNY myself, but am looking into Revising to a DS....it seems to be longer lasting. But all of these options are only tools for us, we still have to change old habits.

Good Luck...

JRolfson
Zee Starrlite
on 2/20/09 5:30 am
the ROSE procedure, the Stomphymax (spel) seem to have very poor results.  Most people say they've wasted their money and are full of disappointment.  They feel no restriction and have lost weight only because of the post-op diet  AND gain it back.  Please read through past post - there was a time where posts about these procedures were all the rave NOW it has quieted.  It would be good to look at those post.

You should have several consults as to what to do about a revision.  The problem with you  revising to a more malabsorbtive procedure is that you are already "distal".  It is the question of where can you go from where you are. 

This will probably sound messed up to you, but can you modify your diet any and exercise to boost your metabolic system.  I have to do this myself for any results.  I go to Weigh****chers too and it has helped tremendously.

Good Luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

lauralisi
on 2/22/09 1:02 am - Dona Ana, NM
I had the stomaphyX done.  I do not believe it differs substantially from the ROSE proced. All I lost was $8,000.00 plus travel expenses.  I felt absolutely no restriction whatsoever from the start.

I'm now seeking a DS-a revision surgery with a proven track record.  As easily as I gain weight, I need definite restriction and significant malabsorption. Since I am self-pay, I don't have the luxury of trying the latest "procedure du jour".  I want what works!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 1:18 am
I work in the bariatric field and have seen 20 patients go through the ROSE procedure and very few of them are pleased. Many are very dissapointed. Research all your options and go with something more proven like the DS which will help a metabolically stubborn body post gastric bypass.

Just my opinion.

Cathi Roskind
lauralisi
on 3/16/09 12:05 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Thanks!!!
Most Active