Considering revision lap band to sleeve

Sandigrl
on 2/15/09 12:18 pm - TX
I am self pay. . .and have had quite a few mishaps with my band.  There were only 3 free fills included with my surgery.  However, with unfills counting as a fill, I ran out!  I can't keep paying for the fills, especially if they can't get it right.  I've haven't lost anything in 5 mos.  My band is almost maxed out with fills.  I've had 6 so far.  No restriction at all!  I always have restriction right after a fill because my esophogas is sensitive.  Anyway. . .how bad is the recovery for this kind of revision?  Also, anyone know the cost for self pay? 

Thanks,
Sandi

runnergirl
on 2/16/09 5:28 am - Canada
 Gosh Sandi, That totally sucks and being a self pay as well!!!!  I would look into a revision, I did. I was an old school VBG and went self pay and got the DS. I was nervous because a revision is harder than a new procedure,but just shop around there are lots of great surgeons. I am so glad I did. I am down 70 lbs in 5 months and I am a revision, we are suppose to lose slower. Just research lots and go for it!!!

Heather
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/09 12:30 am - AZ
On February 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM Pacific Time, Sandigrl wrote:
I am self pay. . .and have had quite a few mishaps with my band.  There were only 3 free fills included with my surgery.  However, with unfills counting as a fill, I ran out!  I can't keep paying for the fills, especially if they can't get it right.  I've haven't lost anything in 5 mos.  My band is almost maxed out with fills.  I've had 6 so far.  No restriction at all!  I always have restriction right after a fill because my esophogas is sensitive.  Anyway. . .how bad is the recovery for this kind of revision?  Also, anyone know the cost for self pay? 

Thanks,
Sandi

A VSG is like having a band that actually works without all the barfing, sliming, foaming, fills, unfills, etc etc etc.

I paid $12,500 to remove my band and revise to a sleeve.  That included three nights in the hospital and three leak tests.

Most Active