I'm Back

Monique H.
on 2/15/09 8:43 am, edited 2/16/09 12:38 am
Well I had revision to my Rny on Jan 13th. The surgery took 8 hours due to all the scar tissue and adhesions and was an open one. I lost 22 pounds the first few weeks due to not eating anything and just basically drinking water, and have gone back and forth the same couple of pounds for almost 2 weeks. I'm already stressing and wondering if I'm going to stop losing already. The doctor supposedly made my pouch smaller and bypassed more intestine. I just hope he did enough of both of those. Please everyone pray for me I stopped losing weight 6 months after surgery last time and I definitely don't want a repeat of that. I still have some pain and just stopped having real bad nausea yesterday. I hope I don't sound too down. I'm truly grateful for the second chance at life that I've been given and I hope all of you are having success with getting your revisions and your weight loss after having it. I'll make sure to keep you all posted as to how I'm doing and hopefully will get over this stall really soon.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/09 11:19 am - Togo
Glad to see your back. Wow! 8 hours. That's a long time in surgery. Sounds like your off to a good start. Keep posting and updating.

I have had my surgery recently also and am doing well. 

PekinSal
on 2/16/09 5:25 am - UK
Congratulations on getting your revision!

Don't panic, I bet your body is taking time to adjust and will get on with losing once you've recovered from the surgery (fluid, being inflated, general stress etc). Sending you healing vibes and hoping the scale starts going down again soon!

DS revision from failed lapband

Monique H.
on 2/16/09 7:14 am
Thanks to both of you. It's really great to be going through this with people who know how you feel. I hope both of you are doing great with your revisions.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active