2 weeks post op report

isaiah54mom
on 2/12/09 10:57 am - bartlesville, OK
I just got back from my 2 week post op appt. On 1/29 i had a revision from the VBG to the DS.They removed the staples today and the wound is healing well. I have lost 26 lbs. I am still struggling with the hydration and eating because of the enhanced sense of smell and taste. I am going to battle on. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes.
Mz JOJO

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

lisa_hutch
on 2/12/09 11:04 am - Indianapolis - New Palestine, IN
I am so glad for you.  Get those liquids in...probably easier said than done.

I was just approved this week for a revision RNY, and I got a date today.  I am scheduled to have surgery on March 24th provided I get all my pre op stuff completed and get clearance for surgery.  I am so excited, but also very scared.  I know revision surgery has it risks, but I trust Dr. John Huse, he performed my original solastic ring surgery in 1995.

I am pretty healthy, besides being recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, bad knees (although sports in my early 20's started that problem****asional back pain, a heart murmur (had since I was a child and never had any problems) and I am fat.  But not for long!

isaiah54mom
on 2/13/09 4:04 pm - bartlesville, OK
I will be moving over and making room for you on the losers bench. I pray all is uneventful and your recovery speedy and uncomplicated.
Peace Mz JoJo

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

joyce2001
on 2/19/09 4:39 am
congrats on your revision and best of luck to you. i am seeking a revision myself. i had a RNY in 2001 and now my stoma  is bigger than what is supposed to be. i am new to this site
Most Active