obsessive behavior

Rhonda S.
on 2/11/09 10:24 pm - Bensalem, PA
Hi All,

I am awaiting a first level review of a decision to deny me a revision of a 1987 VBG to an RNY.  I should have this decision in the next week. My surgeon and I feel I am on good grounds.  There is a total rupture of the staple line, band erosion and mesh in my stomach wall.  My policy allows for revision if there are technical complications that endanger health.  They are denying me on the fact that it is a second procedure and calling it an exclusion.  Which is contrary to my particular policy and their pubished medical policy.  We have hopes the decision will be reversed at this level - though I am willing to take this as far as necessary...

Anyhow, this is a major distraction for me right now.  I was originally scheduled for surgery 2/5 - yes they were so sure there was no problem that I was scheduled .  I sit around reading and re-reading my health insurance policy, my appeal letter and its only worse when people ask me about it.[I had already applied for and gotten leave on my job so when I didn't actually take it people in my office who know I was planning on the surgery ask me when is it going to be]  I get on these boards when I should be doing some other things - like working! -and just lose my focus.  I have work I need to do that is not this.  Its as if I believe obsessing over this is going to get me what I want.    Its hard to just get back into normal life.  I know I'm being ridiculous. and obsessive...anybody else deal with this?  how did you make it through?
PekinSal
on 2/13/09 6:56 am - UK

You sound quite normal to me. This is about your health and your future and you're bound to be concerned about it all.

This is where OH comes in - we know where you're coming from, because we've been there too and come out the other side in many cases. If you think its really getting to you though go and see your PCP - I had to get relaxing pills about a fortnight before my op because I was so distracted I thought I might crash the car!

DS revision from failed lapband

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 2:22 pm - Togo
How do you handle it? You GET BACK TO WORK !! That's how you handle it and stop ******g your time away. 

Rhonda S.
on 2/13/09 11:50 pm - Bensalem, PA
Hi,

Thanks Sal (did you change your avatar -  nice) and Coconut - (yes the nike just do it approach works too once I remember I'm a grown up I do forget at times) I've calmed down some.  But sometimes its good just to put it out there and [eventually] have a laugh at myself. - You should have seen me when I was awaiting the results of my graduate school exams -  I was a nut and boring because I spent 3 months having one topic of conversation -  This surgery will happen one way or another.  Life will continue to happen.
I appreciate the support I get from the boards. 

Peace
Rhonda
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/09 6:50 am - Togo
Glad to see you got what I was saying.

Most Active