My wls revisions?

ednalewis
on 2/9/09 6:44 am, edited 2/9/09 6:50 am - stockton, CA

Hi everyone:  I'm feeling down. It seems ever since my daughter went into the hospital to have her wls.I ha vent got back to my diet plan A plan who I thought would be successful. And now I feel depressed. I want this revision surgery.I don't care about the risks. I can not do this alone anymore.My sights are food food food.Help meEating mouse:9091what can i do to make  it happen.I was in my motel room just looking at my stomach.what a waste.all those years of abuse.I look at all the before and after photos as much as i can see.and being successful with wls.Is my goal and my dream.No matter the cost.I need restrictionSword master:11716And surgery may be my only hope.Don't get me wrong I'm happy for my daughter.she eats small.and is losing weight everyday. we go to our weekly weigh in on Thursday at kaiser.And I'm afraid of the scaleWhich one:9772Oh well.can I get some advice please.I need helpHelp!:9485thank youRed orchid:10266

daylont
on 2/9/09 6:58 am
I am right there with you sister!! I am really depressed and I am looking into a revision that I want so badly, but I am afraid too. I have been dreaming about this for the past week everysingle night. It is consuming me. I really need the help too. I have gained all of my weight back since my surgery 17 years ago. I am devestated and depressed. I am afraid to talk to my husband about this, but I know I need to sit him down and discuss this. I have been going to the doctor to get the process started and find out on the 18th if it is at all possible. Between now and then I have to explain all of this to my husband and get him on the band wagon ( not an easy task) I had my original surgery before we were married. he has seen a few comlications and is very against it. I think it is more fear than anything. If you ever need to talk I am here. Good Luck!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/9/09 8:03 am
There are many who post regularly on the DS board who are successful revisions from other surgeries. I recommend posting there to get their attention. They are well informed, and very helpful.

You DO need to care about the risks and long term outlook with whatever surgery you choose, but I realize it's hard when you feel fed up and depressed. Taking time to research and get on track now will pay off100 fold in the years to come, and you are at the right place (OH) to start that process.
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 8:17 pm, edited 2/15/09 12:46 am - Togo

From Ednalewis: "I was in my motel room just looking ..."

Your motel room? Oh sweetie, what is going on in your life? Life can be so hard and if your health is not in place it can seem almost impossible to get anywhere in this world, but you must.

wls would make things better for you but nevertheless it sounds as if you have other major things going on in your life that will not be put on hold until you get your health back in place. whether you feel up to it or not you must resolve other problems that need to be overcome TODAY, not later, TODAY. the rest will fall into place.

Monique H.
on 2/15/09 8:57 am
I just wanted to say hello and don't give up whatever you do. I understand watching someone losing weight and being happy for them, but also being depressed because of your own journey. I had a friend who had wls after I did and she just breezed right by me. I was so happy for her but so sad at the same time. I went to my surgeon and we jus****ched for a while before he decided to go ahead and do my revision. The best advice I can give you is to go and talk to your surgeon and if a revision is what you want voice that and your reasons why. The only thing they can do is say no and if they do you can always try someone else. Good luck to you and if you need to talk I'm here. Since I'm feeling better I'll try to stay on the boards more often.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active