VSG Revision?

marshall4
on 2/8/09 12:41 pm
Has anyone had a VSG and then revised to DS?
Chelle B.
on 2/9/09 10:33 pm
I've heard of this with great results - have you posted your question on the DS forum?
Be careful, or you may find yourself in my novel...

Photobucket
~~Sami~~ *.
on 2/10/09 12:17 pm - Jacksonville, FL
There are a few people on the DS forum who have done this.  Just ask to speak to two-part DSers. :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/09 11:44 pm - Woodbridge, VA
There is a difference between getting a 2-part DS and getting a revision from sleeve to DS. The difference is usually time. For a 2-part DS, they typically do the second part as son as possible--less than a year after the sleeve. Revisions, however, are usually done further out than that (barring mechanical complications), which means the sleeve has stretched out a bit. To make the DS revision really work, at the time of the revision, they would likely have to lso tighten up the sleeve, so it would basically be almost the same as getting a full DS at once, but having to do it as a revision, which is riskier.
Most Active