MAD AS HECK!

margiev
on 2/5/09 5:09 am - Richton Park, IL

Hi Everyone,
A few weeks ago, I asked if "Revision Really Happen In Illinois," well here is an update for you!   I saw a surgeon that had many excellent reviews on the boards, I figured I would send an email to get a few questions about revision surgery answered.  Man did I get answers, here is the exact response I received via email, not from the doctor, but from his RN. "I need you to understand that when you speak to BCBS you are speaking to customer service reps that read from the medical policy. I have been dealing with them for 8 years and have relationships with the RN review teams and some of the medical reviewers. For a revision with BCBS of IL the only way you will be approved is if there is a complication of the original surgery that medically necessities a revision of the originals operation that can only be corrected surgically. The only two that I have ever seen approved is a gastro-gastro fistula and a complete breakdown of the staple line. Both of these would cause chronic pain and it does not appear that you are suffering from either of these. I am sorry but I cannot help you."

It seems from this response that if you are not a new patient, not much time, or even concern is given to you.  I wonder how this doctor would feel knowing that this is how his staff responds to emails for him?

Margiev
tjays
on 2/7/09 2:26 pm - burbank, CA
I would be mad too!!!  This nurse does not know what she is talking about!!  Being a former VBG, I had fistulas and there is no way to know this unless you get an endoscopy - and it should be by someone that knows about Bariatrics.  Please fight this. 
Terri
mskay
on 2/7/09 3:52 pm - chicago, IL
That dumb ***** probably is skinny already and have something personal toward people like us that's trying to be and stay healthy by having the surgery. i know it's not too many docs that do revision in illinois thats good. i'm going to see which one this is and make it my overweight biz to let him know if ms skinny ***** dont be more polite to us we will put him on blast. and he wont get another patient. we pay her salary and i wouldnt want to have my surgery there if she is negative like that.
jperry4
on 2/13/09 11:20 am - MN
hi, i am new to this site, but read your post and felt i needed to respond.  I had an open rny in march of 01, done wonderful.  lost 160 pounds in the first four years.  then i began gaining wait, and have gained 60 pounds back.  i heard about dr joyce and dr lahmann a team at silver cross hospital in joliet from this website.  i called made an appointment, they got me right in.  i had my consult on january 7, he ordered an upper gi and an endoscope.  the upper gi showed my stomach had restretched.  doc told me to get clearances from a cardiologist, pulmonologist and psychologist.  i done all of these apts on jan 29.  on february 2nd they submitted my claim to cigna, and by february 9th they approved.  docs office is calling me monday to schedule the revision.
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 2:53 pm, edited 2/13/09 8:22 pm - Togo
What were the questions you asked her?

Aside from that her response appears to be cold, detached, and *****y. 

Most Active